Why does StockV8 have issues with curbs ?

Seems to upset the car massively.
The car rotates wildly, often resulting in unrecoverable oversteer in my experience.

Mid speed corners, low speed going 60kmh, doesn't matter.
The car doesn't seem to like the curbs at all.
How realistic is this ? Seems a bit too much to me, a bit artificial.
Maybe it's because of the 14 lock i'm using, that i can't save it...
But the way it reacts does seem very odd.

Weird things like this. All coasting, no throttle :

https://vid.me/XPjKP

Nah. Maybe in the second part a bit. But the car shouldn't just spin like that.
It's like there's oil on the curb or smth...
I've tried decreasing the toe-in to 0.00 and now the effect is not as extreme as before and
i can catch it easier. I think... :unsure:

you should put pedal apps to this videos

Please tell me how to setup the pedal app ? Like the one Niels uses in his videos.

Are the real things as sensitive to kerbs? Or is it just the game?

I think the SuperV8 is still somewhat sensitive to kerbing but irl they can take a lot of kerb easily. It's just something to do with the game's physics engine. Niels talked about it at some point. It is much better now than it used to be though.

Something that could play a role in the issue is the outer rear tyre just "falling over". Meaning, when the inside tyre is on a kerb it decreases the outside tyre's angle to the road and if the camber is already low it might just lose grip suddenly.

A simple thing like decreasing toe-in from default -0.2 to 0.0 seemed to already make a difference.
The reaction is not as extreme and i can catch it easier...or so it seems to me or i just needed a couple
more laps to adapt to how the car handles. Haven't driven the StockV8 in more than a year. :)

Please tell me how to setup the pedal app ? Like the one Niels uses in his videos.
it is part of default DynHUD (press 5 till you see it or go to display settings and select DynHud and Hud option).. you can adjust and relocate it with DynHud editor

can you repost vid with pedals and external view?

Last edited:
oh yea you cant have HUD in replay ... you would have to record it again .. so nevemind .. you can ask on Reiza forums ... I watched it like 30 times and I still think the same ..

Jan, I have a feeling I showed you this already, but here's an explanation that could make you understand what is going on.

PS: Those being all coasting makes things worse. A bit of throttle helps a lot in those cases. And yes, in real life StockV8s are just like that. The difference is that real drivers have G force as another source of information which helps them react in time. Oh, and they are real drivers.

Edit: PS2: Input lag plays a BIG role in you not being able to catch those slides.

In this article: http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/09/10/feature-speedcafe-test-drives-next-gen-simulator/
there's a video down the bottom of AMS at Sandown, the driver talks about using curbs and you can see he quite clearly rides them quite well. Whether it's an "adjusted" AMS or just the standard version is unknown.
Thanks, @MarcG :) Yeah, looks perfectly fine and just like irl to me :)

Haven't done a lot of AMS in about a year until a month or so a go. Only raced the V8 at Queensland and it was fine on curbs but there aren't that many that you should ride and they are pretty flat. Need to try Sandown at some point :)

It's not a setup issue. It seems unstable over curbs relative to other cars in AMS. I noticed it more when turning into a curb (ie. curb on inside of corner). Tried a few tracks with all sorts of different setups.

shuuuuuuut! Barrichello drove the car and told them that it was the most realistic version ever!! so you can't criticize it anymore.

That car's handling, in general, is everything but natural to me ... it's probably related to camber, but i'm not sure.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.