Why does engine of Megane Trophy V6 blow so fast?

Hallo
I have a problem when racing in Megane Trophy V6 against AI or solo. It seems the sequential gears require operating the clutch when downshifting, at proper RPMs, otherwise engine sooner than later blows. The same happens to AI, but this I can accept ;-)

As I never drove MT in RL, I presumed I need the steering wheel with a clutch paddle to operate it and even found a proper rim for the BigMige and Fanatec adapter. The manufacturer was kind and loyal to tell me, that something is wrong with the AC mod of Megane Trophy, since the clutch is needed only to engage at the start - which makes perfect sense. I do not recall such problems with Megane Trophy in rFactor 2.

So the question is - what is wrong with this mod, that after a couple of laps the engine in MT V6 blows - or what do I do wrong to make it blow?

Shifting without the clutch should only cause damage to the transmission, in cars where it's not available.

The engine damage would be from rpm exceeding the limit, or boost exceeding the limit. Probably in this case rpm. This limit can be set separately from the rev limiter; for example the Lotus 98T can have its rev limiter set up to 102-103% of the damage limit.

Downshifting at lower rpm should help with the issue unless it's set up so wrongly that autoblips or something are damaging it.

Last edited:
Shifting without the clutch should only cause damage to the transmission, in cars where it's not available.

The engine damage would be from rpm exceeding the limit, or boost exceeding the limit. Probably in this case rpm. This limit can be set separately from the rev limiter; for example the Lotus 98T can have its rev limiter set up to 102-103% of the damage limit.
Ok - so should I assume I downshift to early to match the RPMs and that is the engine blows? The damage indicator (engine) during the race becomes orange/red pretty fast and other AI cars leave smoke, so this is not transmission issue I guess.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.