Why am I getting so many pop up ads now

First off - I dont want to do the premium subscription. I do not do any of the items provided in the Premium.

Your website has been pretty good up till today. I am now getting pop up ads every 30 secs to a minute. and some I cant delete till it is done. This is crazy. I dont mind ads, but you are going to far with them. Please reduce the amount of pop up ads.

Still happening today? Unfortunately, I'm premium again so cannot test it myself, but if you have a link for @Bram Hengeveld like the one I posted above, it should help. He thought it was sorted by the provider from that info I gave him, but maybe there are more.

I am not going to provide support to users who deliberately take away our only option for having an income to pay our bills to host your files @Andy-R.

We are responsible to pay for 90TB of data each month and if everybody blocks ads this site ends pretty quickly.
Then make the adverts tolerable maybe? I can bear them scattered around on the page but the one that makes the whole page jump when it loads (just after the page) is super annoying. IIRC on the old version that same bottom screen popup ate into the reply box also.

Recently registered

And this is just an fyi , feedback.

I have to run add blockers and script blockers now on this site , or its horrendous, amount of trackers. (Its blocking hundreds of trackers currently ). If it was just a few I would turn them off, but its just way too much crap with blockers disabled. Very recently much worse.

Was not as bad before the video player thing we now see after clicking a download.

This is what happens after clicking a download when blockers are disabled, and waiting a few minutes.
I guess I gota pay my 26NZD/15EU$ to be premium.... or run blockers. :-(

1574848422130.png

Last edited:
I am the original poster of this topic and I switched over to being a Premium member now. So wanted to support Race Department since i have gotten so many downloads from them and asked questions on here.

So i am good to go and have no problem with Ads anymore. Thanks Bram, take care, and happy holidays.

Dave

I replied just as FYI as it was noticeable recent problem with adds, nothing wrong with constructive criticism.

As I have def got a lot of value from Racedepartment , I also subbed for support,may even do some online racing. (even with my crappy exchange rates). I also recently purchased the DRM cars pack , and i'm having lot of fun with those cars in AC. These same cars in Project Cars 2 are awful. I love the classics the most.

Great site, keep up the good work.

I'm a Premium member and confirm no ads on Premium.

As a vistor, not logged in, the ads are impossible. Almost full page. No way to get rid of them ie no x to press.
I may only be a petty non premium member but I don't think having a Rail advert superimposed over the center of my screen* is the best way to have me continue my visits...
You really should be ashamed for thinking that it's a good idea

*without a visible 'X'
Thanks for the reports chaps - @Bram Hengeveld is on the case because indeed that kind of advert is not acceptable.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back