Which RIG should I go for???

Hi Guys, Looking to go for my first 80/20 rig and stuck between the Sim Lab GT1-EVO and the TREQ ONE, they both look pretty similar but there's not a lot of reviews for the TREQ ONE so thought maybe you guys could help me make up my mind.

I have no experience with TREQ but have been very happy with my SimLabs P1-X. I'll be honest, these are not really rocket science but the brackets are kind of what led me to SimLabs instead of just building my own. My recommendation is to make sure you just order everything you are going to want in one go because of shipping. Now, I kind of want a keyboard tray, a pedal tray, and a 4th monitor mount but shipping is making them seem relatively expensive. At this point, I am just holding out some irrational hope that I can catch all of them on sale at once.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

They all based on off the shelf 80/20 profile and besides vendor reputation and track record you need to look at the level of customization each provides, like custom mounting brackets, front mount for DD wheel, mounting plates for shifter, handbrake, etc. By looking at TREQ it seems mostly basic profile held together by standard angle brackets, more like sim-lab GT1-EVO. I'd suggest to look at sim-lab P1X if you need something more robust, esp. if you are planning on using DD wheel that requires solid, flex free platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I got a Sim-Lab P1-X as well. I would really recommend it over its little brother(s) the Sim-Lab GT1-EVO etc. I only changed the Keyboard tray and the mousepad from Sim-Labs and got the Keyboard Tray V2 and mousepad from TREQ. So I mixed it a bit.

But it really comes down on how much you wanna spend. I would pay the extra money for a Sim-Lab P1-X or something equivalent. It’s probably the last simrig you buy…

Upvote 0
My recommendation, if you want to have the best bang for your buck while having no flex with a DD wheel etc, is the Motedis S-Dream. Developed by a SIM racer for SIM Racers. If you can get it in your country, you should take a look at it

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back