Which QR is the most common/recommended ....?

• Deleted member 197115

These NRG style QRs were available for a long time, but for some reason never gained traction in DD community, I am talking early ages of OSW, SC1, etc.
Wondering why, could be wrong, but if memory serves right there were some concerns on reliability and ability to maintain rock solid, no wiggle or flex connection in a long run in high torque stress application. Seems like there are more moving parts, overall more critical to tight tolerances construction.
Again, no personal experience, but it was topic of some hot discussions on one of the German boards.

BTW, on ebay, ali models, as always you get what you pay for and genuine NRG is not that cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
They make look the same, but do they work together at all or are they manufactured to tolerance that assure rattle free combinations?

Most people keep aquiring wheels (at least people who are DD wheel base deep down the rabbit hole) so I´ll look into the future for the opportunity to get more compatible QR´s.
That should be a given with reputable brands.
The ones that are being marketed with Simagic and Moza in the titles such as by ANNX seem to be working fine for folks these days? not so much if you buy Kryostar or other generics where there may end up being some sanding or whatever.

I haven't bought one of them yet but there seem to be enough bases in the wild these days now that Simagic and Moza have solidified their markets for companies to know this is a thing though

In all fairness, when I was looking up these up recently I did see a number of inexpensive knockoffs of the Q1R types as well so my claimed savings were overstated however I still prefer the cleanliness and ease of the D1 Spec

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.