Which modifications are allowed online?

I have some questions because I became bored with stupid AI and would like to race with you.

Which modifications are allowed or don't make problems when racing online? I use:

- disabled hands and driver animations in PLR file
- clear visor
- no bug mod
- Zonda R sound mod (modified aud file)
- modified braking zone washboard effect in locations\specialfx.tec
- grip for AI set exactly like mine in gdb files (locations)
- I'd like to modified hdc file for formula bmw because I want to dissable auto blip

Thanks.

BTW I haven't practiced pit stops yet and drive only 30min stints...

So, I could everytime rename my location folder because I need it just for offline racing. It was just an experiment of mine, but I think AI drives more realistic this way.

If I can't modified hdc file for a car that is really bad. I just wanted to change:

[DRIVELINE]
SemiAutomatic=1 set as 0

So that would mean I can't drive some cars online. :frown:

Anyway, how is the best way to try it? Join some event hosted by someone?

Or use SimRacingManager... Why can't you use manual or automatic gears? I have to test first but if i remember correctly, you can use automatic as semiautomatic, as you can still change gears manually. Combined with "hold button for gear" you can have full semiautomatic gearbox (hmm, i have to try that myself, could be suitable when RUI...)The automatic goes to "standby" for a certain time before it switches back to full automatic.

EDIT: wait... [DRIVELINE] ? What does it do? And the gearbox works the way i described, all though the whole post is now off-topic.. damn...

I've tried to change that value and it still works the same, the autoblip is still there. I'm confused. It's no use using H&T. Radicals work great without any editing.

When I was comparing WTCC cars for example, the BMW has manual gearbox and SemiAutomatic=0. Other cars on the other hand have SemiAutomatic=1 and absolutely don't need clutch and have autoblip when downshifting. I'll look into this later.

It's totaly bad that you can't make customisation through menu.

Looks like there really is autoblip, but it isn't so noticable in some cars like radical.

I've tried some random servers and looks like I got booted as a possible cheat only when I forgot to remove my modified location files. My Zonda sound mod worked good. But I still had some problems on some servers with GT cars. Looks like some servers run different version of game or don't have gt power pack cars. Maybe there is some mismatch.

you can't modify the .aud files for online racing. You can use different sound bytes, but they need to have the same file name as the original & of course they will need to match the rev range that the original sound byte used....

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.