which HUB is required to enable GRID MPX racing wheel to work with FANATEC DD1 ?

HI,
using a FANATEC DD1 WHEELBASE currently and wanting to upgrade my racing wheel to more high-end.
looking at exactly the same wheels : ASCHER F64V3 / ASCHER MCLAREN series / GRID MPX, where currently only the F64V3 is available on the market, McLaren has a release date for end Q3/2023 ? and the much beloved GRID MPX is out-of-stock again ... (China replenishments flow ??).
that said : I have a particular question on the combo wheelbase DD1 and the type of HUB one needs to install to enable both DD1 and GRID MPX working correctly. I realize GRID MPX is communicating with PC through its USB.
But do we need the PODIUM HUB to enable the DD1 working correctly ?
according to GRID ENGINEERING even the UNIV HUB V2 should be able to do the trick ...... yet, I doubt this as I haven't seen anyone in any reviews using this combo with a working FANATEC DD.

I would buy a Fanatec wheel emultator, from SRM, for exemple. If you feel adventurous, you can make your self.
You will not need to connect any buttons to this adapter. But the DD1 wheelbase will need to be fooled that a fanatec wheel is connected.

But the fast and simple solution is the Podium HUB.

The wheel you will buy, you will need always to connect via BT or USB Cable.

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 130 85.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 46 30.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 52 34.2%