Which Game to buy !?!? iracing vs ACC

Having bought ACC and AC when they came out to be fair have rarely played them - started Iracing when a friend said to give it another go and actually really enjoying it apart from paying for all the tracks / cars etc. Their business model works for them because in my opinion the standard of racing even at rookie level beats some other sims about.

I have played Iracing for about a month now on and off and bought two cars and two tracks - will definitely be renewing after my three months.

One thing i would say though is if you aren't going to play it regularly you wont get your monies worth and it can be expensive.

I will be looking into playing more ACC / AC soon as need to improve and its a good place to learn tracks rather than on iracing due to the cost / modding etc

I've been away from sim car racing for at least 15 yrs or so (Grand Prix Legends). So, when I FINALLY buy whatever wheelbase/pedals I decide on, I will be like a beginner again. (plus I'm really old now, reflexes/speed not as good). I will need lots of practice before going into iRacing.

So, which game would be best to re-develop my skills before I jump into iRacing?

Last edited:
I've been away from sim car racing for at least 15 yrs or so (Grand Prix Legends). So, when I FINALLY buy whatever wheelbase/pedals I decide on, I will be like a beginner again. (plus I'm really old now, reflexes/speed not as good), I will need lots of practice before going into iRacing.

So, which game would be best to re-develop my skills before I jump into iRacing?
I was the same been away from sim racing properly for some time - dabbled but not really played at length.

To get back in the swing would probably say Assetto Corsa for the mix of vehicles or ACC - depends what you want out of the experience. If it is realistic sim your after then would say either of the previous two and you can get some good offers on them.

I went straight into Iracing only because of friends driving on it and knew it was a better standard of cleaner racing.

I bought Project Cars 1 and 2 and havent played them - F1 2019 i got bored of quickly

Hope that helps

First post here :p
I had F1 2019 and was enjoying that but realised very quickly I wasn't enjoying it with a pad - ended up with a G29/pedals and shifter and loved that - I have been heavily into all the sim racing content online and ended up getting ACC which is fantastic, feels good, looks amazing and sounds amazing. I also picked up Project Cars 2 which also looks great but I find it more fun than serious.

In my sim racing consumption I kept seeing iracing and decided last night to get that too and try to get competitive - you can get lots of promo codes for various deals so I got it for $5 for 3 months - that's long enough to try it and see how I feel. It's not as pretty but it certainly handles like a car in terms of body roll and weight transfer and changing down to early really unsettles the car so I feel this out of the ones I have tried is the most sim-like (I have not tried AMS2 or Rfactor etc)

My advice is - try iracing as it's cheap to do a trial and people generally take it pretty seriously and once out of rookie try hard to race properly. (Cancel the sub tho at the end!) There's a lot of info online about how expensive it can get but depends on how serious you'll be taking it.
ACC is really good looking, sounds amazing and fun to just try to rank up, get track medals and get safety rating up.
PC2 is slightly more arcadey feeling but also fun.

Just my opinion from the start of my sim racing journey so far!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back