Which 970 to get?

Same as me Mr Coin, very happy with it. You can't go wrong really Jim. All quality cards, I had ASUS before that's the reason I stuck with the Strix, I am happy OC'ing it and the 660Ti I had was bullet proof. Same can't be said of my T300RS which has died :( after 2 weeks.
Told you to get the tx, mine is a year old next week.

Upvote 0
How important is having a back plate with these cards?
I hope you will find the first response to the question in this link useful: here
Aesthetics is certainly a factor, though minimising dust collection is also another point to add on top of the contents that person has written. Points 2,3, and 4 from that link don't really apply to a big extent in a straight fight between the good brands of the GTX 970, as Calum listed, such as MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA and ASUS, as the printed circuit boards are thicker, and their fans are all good for cooling.

I've owned the MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr since release and I couldn't be happier with the price and incredible performance, the fans are very quiet even when pushed quite hard. It truly has become a class-leading brand for the NVIDIA line of products. Aria.co.uk (I've purchased happily from there before) are selling this MSI GTX 970 card under your budget at the present time. It could be worth a look if you are interested.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea