Where did the Thanos thread go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I taking crazy pills or did the Thanos thread disappear? It had a ton of quality information in it -not just about the controller but motion systems and setups/debugging in general. I was hoping to reference it today for some needed info and can’t find it :/

I was just about to ask the same. It had some very good info on EMI issues that was super helpful. Its thew reason I actually joined this forum as someone linked to it. Moderators bring it back ! There was great info in that post

Upvote 0
Some of us spent hours contributing detailed setup info for the community on that thread. I am NOT happy to see it removed. Somebody reported that thread as promoting a commercial product. That's ridiculous, completely. That thread was mostly setup info and help for others. It was no more commercial than the SFX shield group buys.

I would kindly request that thread be returned, with at least the opportunity to modify the few posts that may appear too commercial. At a minium, allow those of us that spent hours contributing detailed help in that thread a chance to copy our work so we can make it available elsewhere.

Upvote 0
Yes me to. I don’t understand why it was closed? There was a lot of useful technical informations for un motion sim racers.
I hope someone explain why it was removed.

Upvote 0
Racedepartment admins. Can you please bring back the thread? Like mentioned there was was a lot of info in there that is now lost. Spend the time to remove the posts that you found inappropriate and show the rest. This is the stupidest thing that I have seen in terms of forum administration.

Upvote 0
This is the first time I've seen such a draconian measure by RD, with no explanation to the people who had contributed to the thread.

There was a ton of helpful reference information for those looking to make a jump into a motion system so please consider letting us have that back with any posts that break terms of service removed if need be.

Upvote 0
This is the first time I've seen such a draconian measure by RD, with no explanation to the people who had contributed to the thread.

There was a ton of helpful reference information for those looking to make a jump into a motion system so please consider letting us have that back with any posts that break terms of service removed if need be.
I guess that thread has bothered the SFX one.

Upvote 0
Racedepartment admins. Can you please bring the thread back? Like mentioned before, there was a lot of irreplaceable information in there that is now lost. Please spend the time to remove the posts (it is just about 20 pages to check) that you found inappropriate and show the rest. This is the the most unreasonable thing that I have seen in terms of forum administration.

Upvote 0
Thanos is doing some great things for the DIY motion market. I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet, but I've been watching with interest as things have been evolving.

I agree that the Race Department admins should put his thread back.

Upvote 0
There's considerable information about why the thread was closed on Discord. In sum, somebody thought it was promoting a commercial product.

That is 100% silly and wrong. It's no more commercial than the SFX shield board. This is how the community evolves, with many folks contributing their expertise and ideas. The amount of useful info in that thread, including setups and ways to reduce EMI noise, was immense.

I don't know who reported that thread or was offended by it, but this action by RD is a disservice to the community. Further, for those of us that spend considerable time contributing here, I'm much more reluctant to spend the time to help others, if the result is it will be wiped-out by someone in a capracious decision that erases hours of hard work. Come on RD, do the right thing and restore that thread. At a bare minimum, allow us to recover our tutorials and write-ups so we can repost it.

Upvote 0
The thread has been removed for now as explained perfectly fine in this sticky thread https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...-advertise-your-products-in-this-forum.72268/

Commercial sales are not to be done in this support forum about hardware. It's for discussions and support. Not for commercial sales, discord community building and youtube video promotions.

I am talking to the thread owner in a private conversation and the thread will return (or not) when that is finished. It depends on the nature of the thread now and in the future.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 129 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 25 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 45 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 51 34.0%