WheelCheck won't calibrate (Thrustmaster F430 FFB)

Hey everyone! My Thrustmaster F430 FFB won't calibrate in WheelChecker. I tried resetting pc, closing content manager, running in administrator mode, closing antivirus. No movement on the wheel, no lut file. It onlys says Position: |X |Y at the top, no coordinates. Hopefully nothing to do with the age of the wheel. Anyone had the same problem? Thanks!
Screenshot_1.png

OK guys, this will be a bit difficult. I also in the past did not have any problems to run WheelCheck on my comp. Now after i had to reinstall Win10 it just did not want to work, the X/Y were not detected, so i thought this is a windows issue with the drivers, I tried, everything for the last 2 weeks, installing GHUB, installing LGS, did not work, deinstalled LGS and run GHUB only, nothing, deinstalled GHUB and only LGS, not working. I tried with deleting files under registry, I read so many pages, and nothing could make it run on Windows 10.

So last night it came into my mind that this is a windows issue, from the driver point of view (where i tried also everything with rights on the drivers update etc.) so it came into my mind that this “driver” issue don't exist on Linux. So I installed Ubuntu on WMWare (Virtual Machine), after that I installed wine and wine32 on Linux, ( the best way to install all this is under the program “synaptic” which automatically also install all the other necessary drivers) this is an application which starts .exe files under Linux system, and what can I say? From sudden my wheel was immediately recognized on Linux (VMWare) and I could not only see the X7Y axes, it created a .csv file from the wheelcheck.

U need to install Ubuntu (the best for now for this matter) on my Virtual Machine, VMWare. You need to install wine and wine32 on the Linux system, you do this best over the "Synaptic" application on Linux as it then install all the parameters you need. Then you download the WheelCheck 1.82 on your Linux system and let it run with wine commands, or wine application, depends on how far your knowledge is with Linux, and there, you can run the Wheelcheck which is creating a .csv files which you can then, copy and paste into your Windows OS and created a LUT file with that. Trust me, I tried, everything on Windows 10 to make the WheelCheck make run, nothing worked. But this is a way how to get your .csv file and then upload this into your content manager. It's a bit of work, but this way it is working. This WheelCehck is so buggy, or let's say Microsoft I even tried without Firewall, and Malwarebytes, nothing was working on Win10.

IMPORTANT: as to be seen in the pics below, you need to connect your wheel to your virtual machine!

After that, you need to restart your Windows 10 AND then open the virtual machine so that the wheel is calibrated for the WheelCheck run. Also, you have to restart the Linux system on the VMWare machine so that everything calibrate, as it should be.
I know it is a bit of work, but this way you can get the .csv file and upload it to the LUT generator.

Its a bit of work, but faster, thatn trying to find a solution on "Windows".

Hope this might help.
wheelcheck on linux.PNG
wheelcheck csv file.PNG

Attachments

• wheelcheck 2.PNG
    wheelcheck 2.PNG
    826.2 KB · Views: 173
  • connecting Wheel to Linux VM.jpg
    connecting Wheel to Linux VM.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Wow, thank you so much for figuring this out!

Will try to do this on Linux, has been roughly 15 since I've last used Linux. Will let you know if this worked out!

OK guys, this will be a bit difficult. I also in the past did not have any problems to run WheelCheck on my comp. Now after i had to reinstall Win10 it just did not want to work, the X/Y were not detected, so i thought this is a windows issue with the drivers, I tried, everything for the last 2 weeks, installing GHUB, installing LGS, did not work, deinstalled LGS and run GHUB only, nothing, deinstalled GHUB and only LGS, not working. I tried with deleting files under registry, I read so many pages, and nothing could make it run on Windows 10.

Thank you! I did that in a Virtual Machine running older version of Win10 and GHub and it worked. So deffiniterly this was a Win10 problem.

Last edited:

So last night it came into my mind that this is a windows issue, from the driver point of view (where i tried also everything with rights on the drivers update etc.) so it came into my mind that this “driver” issue don't exist on Linux. So I installed Ubuntu on WMWare (Virtual Machine), after that I installed wine and wine32 on Linux, ( the best way to install all this is under the program “synaptic” which automatically also install all the other necessary drivers) this is an application which starts .exe files under Linux system, and what can I say? From sudden my wheel was immediately recognized on Linux (VMWare) and I could not only see the X7Y axes, it created a .csv file from the wheelcheck.

U need to install Ubuntu (the best for now for this matter) on my Virtual Machine, VMWare. You need to install wine and wine32 on the Linux system, you do this best over the "Synaptic" application on Linux as it then install all the parameters you need. Then you download the WheelCheck 1.82 on your Linux system and let it run with wine commands, or wine application, depends on how far your knowledge is with Linux, and there, you can run the Wheelcheck which is creating a .csv files which you can then, copy and paste into your Windows OS and created a LUT file with that. Trust me, I tried, everything on Windows 10 to make the WheelCheck make run, nothing worked. But this is a way how to get your .csv file and then upload this into your content manager. It's a bit of work, but this way it is working. This WheelCehck is so buggy, or let's say Microsoft I even tried without Firewall, and Malwarebytes, nothing was working on Win10.

IMPORTANT: as to be seen in the pics below, you need to connect your wheel to your virtual machine!

After that, you need to restart your Windows 10 AND then open the virtual machine so that the wheel is calibrated for the WheelCheck run. Also, you have to restart the Linux system on the VMWare machine so that everything calibrate, as it should be.
I know it is a bit of work, but this way you can get the .csv file and upload it to the LUT generator.

Its a bit of work, but faster, thatn trying to find a solution on "Windows".

Hope this might help. View attachment 583079View attachment 583078
The Linux system doest want to run for **** can you make a quick guide for me to follow because the VB is broken or I am a dubass or something

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 545 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 343 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 363 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 183 23.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 214 27.0%
Back