F1 2010 wheel vs ps3 gamepad

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey Guys,
i have F1 2010 on the PS3 and think its great! However i want the experience to be better, i dont own a wheel and wondered if the lap times would improve with a wheel or faster with just using the controller?
what does anyone think? if you think wheel could you recommend a wheel ? i dont really want one that is limited to a desk, i want to have it on my knees... :cool:

In my opinion a wheel is always going to be faster, however if you have one on your knees I wouldnt expect to be as quick as a fixed wheel as its all about having the right driving position through a race that gives me that little bit of extra umf.

I got the game on both PS3 and PC. I use the Driving Force GT for the PC as I have a decent setup for that, but I haven't the luxury of getting the wheel hooked up on the PS3.

I can safely say it's much more fun on a wheel, you are more consistant and lap times are quicker overall as you can hold a more stable line. The hardest thing is calibrating the wheel and pedals to feel right imo.

I've used the driving force GT and the G27 on Playstation and the G27 is much better, but of course you get what you pay for.

The DFGT is OK, but just not very smooth and the pedals aren't nearly as solid. Plus the G27 has proper paddles, where the GT has buttons on the back of the wheel which just don't feel as good to me.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%