WRC Generations Wheel Not Recognized n WRC-G

Although I had it working before fiddling with controller and settings (FF, etc), WRCG no longer recognizes the steering axis of my wheel (Logitech G Pro).

WRCG recognizes the buttons and paddles on the wheel, but I can't steer at all. In WRC 8 (which works fine with my controller setup), I see bindings for "steering"; "steer left" and "steer right", "Steering" is where I bind my wheel in WRC 8 and, as I said, it works fine.

However, WRCG does not present any binding called "steering". It offers only "steer left" and "steer right" as choices which, I assume would be useful for a console controller, not for a wheel.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to get the steering axis of my wheel recognized in WRCG?

Thanks!

Hi you need to bind steer left and steer right for your wheel.

Click the button to assign each direction/ bind your wheel, and then move the wheel as far as you can in that particular direction so that it binds.

Then, and this is the really important piece, you need to invert the left setting so that it understands that this is opposite to the right one.

You have to do this as WRCG sees both left and right wheel movements as just the very same axis/ direction, so cancelling each wheel direction move out, so even when bound, and so nothing happens when you move the wheel in either direction.

By inverting the steer left binding WRCG sees it as opposite to the steer right, and so that being the left!

However if WRCG just can’t see your wheel base at all, then that’s a much harder fix obviously,.. however you state that it was working before right at the beginning of your post so I hope all it is you will find is the above ‘tweak’ that’ll make it work for you again.

I hope this helps

Since yesterday's patch, none of my peripheral axes work at all (wheel movement, pedals etc). Perhaps it's the same issue for you?

Since yesterday's patch, none of my peripheral axes work at all (wheel movement, pedals etc). Perhaps it's the same issue for you?
That’s a really great ‘patch’ then… I have yet to try it since updating yesterday… seems like the developers have a level of ineptitude that is rarely matched if it had broken all peripherals :(

Hi you need to bind steer left and steer right for your wheel.

Click the button to assign each direction/ bind your wheel, and then move the wheel as far as you can in that particular direction so that it binds.

Then, and this is the really important piece, you need to invert the left setting so that it understands that this is opposite to the right one.

You have to do this as WRCG sees both left and right wheel movements as just the very same axis/ direction, so cancelling each wheel direction move out, so even when bound, and so nothing happens when you move the wheel in either direction.

By inverting the steer left binding WRCG sees it as opposite to the steer right, and so that being the left!

However if WRCG just can’t see your wheel base at all, then that’s a much harder fix obviously,.. however you state that it was working before right at the beginning of your post so I hope all it is you will find is the above ‘tweak’ that’ll make it work for you again.

I hope this helps
You are a genius, my friend. That solved the problem! :D I would never have figured that out on my own.

Now, if I can only get my wheel recognized and set up correctly in Dirt 4 as well, I would be all set with my Rally titles. ;)

Thank you very much!
Bert

You are a genius, my friend. That solved the problem! :D I would never have figured that out on my own.

Now, if I can only get my wheel recognized and set up correctly in Dirt 4 as well, I would be all set with my Rally titles. ;)

Thank you very much!
Bert
Hoorah! Top stuff matey… glad to be of help.

It’s funny that there’s counter intuitive and then there’s the nacon level of naff user-ability…

Sorry that I can’t help you with D4 though unfortunately…

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.