DiRT 4 Dirt 4 Controller Configuration Problem

I'm trying to get Dirt 4 to fully detect my wheel (Logitech G Pro).

Right now, while it lists the correct wheel (which was detected automatically) and it detects the buttons alright, I can't get it to detect the steering at all. I turn the wheel left/right but nothing happens.

Also, I don't see anyplace to bind the paddle shifters to gear up/down I see "Gear 1", "Gear2", and "Gear3" which, I assume are for an H-shifter, but I only have paddle shifters.

My Fanatec pedals were detected automatically and work fine.

Can anyone help me out with getting this wheel detected and configured correctly?

Thanks!

Majuh, Thank you for that reply and the link!

Although the info in the link is quite helpful, I still have the same problem Here's what I see, step-by-step, as specifically as I can explain it:

1. When I select "Input" from "Options and Extras", I see only 2 choices under "Steering Device" - "Automatic Selection" and "Keyboard". Here "Automatic Selection" has the green check mark next to it. Also "Configuration Wizard" is greyed out (unselectable).

2. However - in "Device Management" I get 3 choices for "Configure Device" - "Keyboard", my pedals, and my wheel. All are properly identified, but the green check is now next to "Keyboard".

So, I guess that in order to be able to make "Configure Device" selectable for my wheel,, the green check mark has to be moved from "Keyboard" to the wheel - but exactly how do I move it ? I can't figure that out! (Once I get "Configure Device" un-greyed out, I think that I'll be good-to-go.)

I'm close, but not there yet. Any further thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Maybe it's a problem with the Steam configuration. You should make sure that Steam input doesn't interfere with the game as outlined here:

Maybe it's a problem with the Steam configuration. You should make sure that Steam input doesn't interfere with the game as outlined here:

Hmmm.....Still no luck. :( But thanks for the suggestions.

As far as I can tell - Yes.

EDIT: The wheel is brand new and just released, but I'll check with Logitech on the latest device driver.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Well, it looks I already have the latest Logitech Device Driver for the wheel. I've tried connecting the wheel to different USB ports, but the problem persists.

I've also tried unplugging the keyboard, thinking that it would no longer be detected as an available controller (leaving the wheel as the only opton). But even that didn't workI (The keyboard is still listed as a controller and still has the green checkmark next to it.)

I have also posted the question on the Steam Discussion group for Dirt 4, but so far there's been no response.

I'd like to directly contact Codemasters to ask my questions, but their website just turns you in circles without providing a support e-mail address. :( Dirt 4 is no longer listed there since it's now an "old" game.

Can't think of anything else to try at this point......Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks!

Maybe you could try contacting Logitechs support, according to their product page the wheel should be compatible with Dirt 4 after all.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.