What's your favourite bits of sim hardware.... ever..?

Hey people..!

I've been sim racing on some level from the mid 90's when I was rocking a Thrustmaster Formula T1 and playing Microprose Grand Prix and Paprus' IndyCar racing on my DX2 66!

Through the years i've spent countless thousands of dollars on gaming.. especially driving games/sims... and owned just as many peripherals!

It got me thinking.. What are my absolute favourite bits of hardware from the last 20 odd years??

I can not definitively answer that question.. but i can try! ;)

NOTE: These are my most fondly remembered and current favourites... not a list of what I think are the best!

Thrustmaster Formula T1 - The pedals were round and the resistance was provided by an ocky strap! But man did I spend some hours playing Microprose Grand Prix with this bad boy..! Cost me a few hundred bucks back in the day (1995) and was compatible with about 3 titles!
4bf8593ac237987fce1b7a7c1f5c248c558e128c.jpg

Logitech Driving Force Pro - Even though it was still a toy... this was the first wheel I bought that felt 'Solid' - I still own this wheel and it still works perfectly.. So many hours spent playing F1 and GT on PS2 and then Sega Rally and Daytona Reboots on PS3.. Awesome wheel!
DFP2.jpg

Oculus Rift - What can I say? ...Revolutionary for my sim racing immersion and enjoyment!
61vilOmXMCL._SX569_.jpg

T-SLOT Aluminium - Designed and built my own rig/s and have gotten so much enjoyment from it.. It's like lego for sim racing!
v-slot-connections.jpg

There's so much more.. but I think when I narrow it down.. they are my faves!

I look forward to seeing what you guys have used.. and the place it holds in your sim racing heart! :inlove:

My old ActLabs wheel and GPL shifter. Used it to race in the ESCORS series back towards the turn of the century. Everything I have now is technically superior in everyway, but back then H shift, force feedback, three pedals. Oh man!

combo3_img.jpg

Upvote 0
Oculus Rift - What can I say? ...Revolutionary for my sim racing immersion and enjoyment!
61vilOmXMCL._SX569_.jpg

This gets my vote as it completely and utterly transforms the sim racing experience from something detached and isolated into an all-enveloping and believable immersive experience.

Upvote 0
I'm absolutelly loving my Ascher Racing push-pull rally paddle shifter with custom 3D-printed paddle. Now I understand why rally drivers prefer it over sequential levers. It's amazing how comfortable and effective it is. One of the best add-ons to my rig ever.

Upvote 0
Oh man, it's like asking which of your kids you love the most :roflmao:

I love them all: AccuForce, NLMv3 Motion, HE-pros, Simvibe, Oculus, but i had to choose one it would probably be the GS-4.

Upvote 0
ATM my T500 with modded Ferrari F1 rim and my csr elite pedals and my bass shakers with simvibe.
Soon to be my dd1 and le F1 rim, advanced magnetic shifter module and heusinkveld sprint pedals, maybe more shakers and another amp to use chassis mode.

Upvote 0
All the below is my favourite.

0117f5db-a8ba-4dbb-b086-1a02c3455708-jpeg.1132089

Accuforce DD v2, Fanatec v3 pedals and handbrake, H shifter, Throne Thumper, the rig itself and of course my Oculus Rift CV1.

Cant wait to add SFX-100.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pedals, wheels, shifters, mods for each of those, desks/cockpits, triple screen stands/mounts, PC peripherals for simracing (triple screens, 3D Vision, VR headsets, Track IR, etc.), motion systems, tactile feedback...too difficult to choose.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back