What was the update?

There was a small update to Assetto Corsa today which was unexpected. It came along with no changelog so I have no idea what it downloaded. Any clue as to what just got changed?

There were no visible changes, it added some copies of car preview images, made tiny changes to 4 cars (ktm xbow, mercedes sls, mercedes 190e, tatuus fa1) whose purpose is unclear, and added an empty folder for the ferrari 488 evo.

There was a small update to Assetto Corsa today which was unexpected. It came along with no changelog so I have no idea what it downloaded. Any clue as to what just got changed?

Yeah, Kunos are wonderful at that. I've lost count of the amount of times ACC has had a half gig update, and there's nothing but radio silence from Kunos - not even a different version number.

There is a changelog .... with just one more sentence:

- Launcher: fixed car preview image paths (when installed in steam folder with special characters)

It looks like a correction of a problem appeared with 1.16.3 for some users ( or more as many are using Content Manager ) ;)

• Deleted member 197115

Yeah, Kunos are wonderful at that. I've lost count of the amount of times ACC has had a half gig update, and there's nothing but radio silence from Kunos - not even a different version number.
Pretty sure it was happening due to some Steam libraries updates, not ACC code. At least that was the explanation from devs.

Pretty sure it was happening due to some Steam libraries updates, not ACC code. At least that was the explanation from devs.

Thank you. I was over on the official AC forum earlier after I noticed the update, but somehow I missed the explanation. Good to see that Kunos are still maintaining AC. A large part of the sim racing world would be more than buggered if AC suddenly stopped working and no fixes came through.

Thank you. I was over on the official AC forum earlier after I noticed the update, but somehow I missed the explanation. Good to see that Kunos are still maintaining AC. A large part of the sim racing world would be more than buggered if AC suddenly stopped working and no fixes came through.

Well I mean in this case people are complaining its broken CSP and launching from Content Manager. Far from ideal since its a non update.

"broken CSP and launching from CM"
it works, just ignore this error message, CM seems to be expecting "v1.16.3" only and not any version greater than that:

1596830698960.png

• Deleted member 197115

Does not apply to this case though as it's full fledged update with change of version and even some release notes. I was referring to older out of the blue updates with no changes on Kunos side.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back