What triple screens should I get?

Hi! Since black friday is comming up im planning on going triple.
Racing with vr atm but wanna try out triples. Kinda clueless on what monitor I should go for.

Planning going 32" 25640x1440
Having Nvidia do I "need" gsync or can I use that on freesync monitors aswell?

Advices on monitors is highly appreciated

I have triple Gigabyte monitors (G32QC). Stay away from them. While they do work well, I recently noticed a tiny amount of burn-in on one monitor where the Windows task bar is. This isn't supposed to happen on a VA panel! I'm not impressed. :mad:

I have triple Gigabyte monitors (G32QC). Stay away from them. While they do work well, I recently noticed a tiny amount of burn-in on one monitor where the Windows task bar is. This isn't supposed to happen on a VA panel! I'm not impressed. :mad:
Wow so sorry to hear that. Im actually planning on going ips panel. But there is freesync , g sync conpatible , g synd and yada yada lol. Feeling a bit lost tbh. And then there is the curved vs flat to consider aswell

I can see this thread developing over the next few weeks! I too am interested in this. I currently have triple 27's and I am moving location so will have a bit more space and would like to move to triple 32's so I have a bit more vertical height mostly

I will suggest that folks considering triple 32" monitors make a cardboard mock-up to determine if you've got clearance to your steering wheel when replacing 27" monitor(s).

When I went through the exercise, it turned out I couldn't position the monitors close enough to actually gain much FOV. Alternative was to position the monitors too high for proper line-of-sight. Ended up with triple 43" and a bigger hole in my bank account as a result.

Last edited:
Wow so sorry to hear that. Im actually planning on going ips panel. But there is freesync , g sync conpatible , g synd and yada yada lol. Feeling a bit lost tbh. And then there is the curved vs flat to consider aswell
Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) is really useful when your PC is unable to fully push your gaming monitor(s) capabilities. For example if the PC cannot consistently hit or exceed 144fps on 144Hz monitors. This is very common for triples, which is why VRR is so useful, because it smooths out the gameplay, even when frame rate drop to sub-60fps.

There are lot of technicalities and edge cases for VRR, but to keep it simple:

1. If you have an AMD graphics card, then get identical "Freesync" branded monitors.
  2. If you want the option to switch between AMD and Nvidia graphics cards, get identical "G-Sync Compatible" branded monitors.
  3. If you plan to stay on Nvidia graphics cards long term, in addition to identical "G-Sync Compatible" monitors, you can also consider identical "G-Sync" or "G-Sync Ultimate" monitors. These are generally higher-specced monitors but also come with a higher price tag.

Getting smooth gameplay on triples is much more important than the debate between curved vs flat. For the latter, get either as long as they are identical.

As others have said, definitely make sure they're G-Sync / G-Sync compatible (most will be).

Going above 120-ish fps / Hz will almost certainly not gain you any racing performance but, even so, I recommend 240 Hz because I can't stand the blur of anything under 200-ish Hz (regardless of how fast pixel-response times are, it has nothing to do with that). This is only if you're picky and things like that drive you crazy. Most people won't care (and maybe not even notice...or notice that they're noticing, lol). If it doesn't matter to you then don't waste your money on 240.

If the screens are curved, I personally hate how Samsung does their curves - at least on some models (eg. Odyssey non-Neo G7). Their curvatures are not constant (ie. linear). Instead, they're more curved at the centre and then less curved (ie. straighter) at the edges. This weird curve meant I took some time to get used to the curve of my 32" Odyseey non-Neo G7. It also means that when I go back to a flat monitor, it looks like the centre is bulging out towards me for the first 5 or 10 mins. With my new LG (45" 21:9), which is a "normal" curve - just the same constant radius the whole way - I don't have to get used to the curve, in fact, it almost feels flat (even though it's 800R). On top of that, I don't have the bulging effect when I go to flat monitors. I can switch back and forth instantly with not even 1 single second to get used to either - unlike when I had the Samsung.

For racing, don't worry about HDR specs - or even HDR at all for that matter (especially if it's not OLED or has 1000+ dimming zones because then the HDR is fake and a gimmick). Plus, barely any current and past racing games have HDR. Plus, HDR adds input lag on all displays except OLED (may not be enough to make a difference though).

Basically just get some cheap or reasonably priced monitors that are at least 120 Hz, have good input lag (read reviews but only compare to other monitors from the same review site/channel, never compare input lag between different sites/channels).

1440p is just fine at 32" (well, technically, they're mostly 31.5").

If you do feel like something "kind of high end" but not too high-end, the monitor I used to have - the 32" Odyssey non-Neo G7 is fantastic (besides the curve thing I mentioned above). It can be found for some very good prices especially after it got replaced by the Neo G7. It can be found for a "steal" used. Then again, there are now tons of 32", 1440p, 120 Hz (or more) monitors which are extremely useful for racing purposes.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Nvidia hardware G-Sync solution is dead for good.
Now everything is FreeSync or G-Sync "compatible" meaning that it's working equally well with any card.
This is one of the few if not the only battle against NVidia that AMD won.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

If the screens are curved, I personally hate how Samsung does their curves - at least on some models (eg. Odyssey non-Neo G7). Their curvatures are not constant (ie. linear). Instead, they're more curved at the centre and then less curved (ie. straighter) at the edges.
Isn't that just arc of the circle whatever curvature rating is?
E.g. on G9 it's 1000R, that is arc of the 1000mm radius circle.

Isn't that just arc of the circle whatever curvature rating is?
E.g. on G9 it's 1000R, that is arc of the 1000mm radius circle.
No. The actual curve of the Samsung is not linear. It's more curved in the centre and less curved away from centre. Maybe Samsung averages it out to get the "R" value. When I went to an LG 800R - an even more aggressive curve - albeit with a "normal" curve, ie. the radius is linear/constant/uniform, there was no weirdness or getting used to the curve nor weirdness or getting used to switching back to a flat monitor. All that disappeared.

I usually notice these things extremely quickly.

- 7 or 8 years ago, I noticed on the first EVER day of using elastomers that there was something inherently wrong with them from the moment you stop pressing anymore (following by lifting off). This inherent issue has only been brought to light in the sim racing community a month or 2 ago (youtube video).

- 7 or 8 years ago, I could easily tell, by the 3rd corner of my first EVER lap of Project Cars 1, that it was based on the ISI physics engine (I had no idea prior).

- I've noticed tons of times over the years completely incorrect/unnatural/strange physics behavior. Often the fanboys and (at times) even the devs themselves will try and play it down, or use illogical B.S. arguments & examples in there desperate defense. Then, sometimes, years later, you'll see game updates notes about attempting to address those very same issues...or they'll be mentioned in the new sequel.

- 10 or 11 years ago, I noticed almost right away that there was tons of blur on my monitor even though A) it was a high-end, very fast TN pixel-response time gaming model and B) ran at 144 Hz. It was only a few years ago when people started really discussing the sample-and-hold-induced motion blur of monitors (regardless of pixel response time). Prior to that - even from reviewers - all you'd hear was "super fast pixel response times of TN + 144 Hz = amazing motion clarity"...No, not even close.

...I could go on

The point I'm trying to make is I usually notice things quite easily/quickly and - unfortunately or fortunately - flaws (or things I think are flaws) often really stand out to me and the way Samsung applies curves to their monitors, at least some models, is retarded.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Based on your post I thought it was really serious issue, but looks like it's just slightly flatter in the middle, which can be actually beneficial. Shrug.

1. It still follows the 1000R curve from the perspective of the center of the screen and the edges.
    1. Same FOV.
    2. Practically same eye distance.
  2. The distortion of the curve is reduced on 2/3 of the monitor
    1. If you use PBP you essentially get two flat panels in portrait mode side-by-side (a feature that I occasionally use for work and personal).
  3. When they say that it matches the curvature of the human eye they actually mean it. It appears that from the quick search I did the rear of the eye lens does in fact match the center fold curve during near vision: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-curvature-of-the-eye-s-lens

Last edited by a moderator:
Nvidia hardware G-Sync solution is dead for good.
Now everything is FreeSync or G-Sync "compatible" meaning that it's working equally well with any card.
This is one of the few if not the only battle against NVidia that AMD won.
The ultra high quality monitors are still with a gsync module with ulmb v2 like pg27aqn...1-360hz gsync range 1440p ultra fast ips panel, I have it for fps cs2 game....gaming on it it pure high level gaming.

I have the plan to change my triple I will buy xg32aq, 1440p, 32" 175hz gsync compatible, 619€ or xg32uq 4k, 144hz, 32" gsync compatible 799€....

• Deleted member 197115

Recycling leftovers as Nvidia pretty much stopped manufacturing gsync modules? What you see today as GSync certified is Freesync VRR validated by Nvidia.
LG had gsync 38 IPS model replaced by freesync with better 1ms response time, Nano IPS, and no buzzing and idle power draw from GSync module, own that one, exceptional monitor with 48-160hz VRR range.
Looks like the last hw gsync monitor was from Dell in 2020, the rest are older model 5 to 7 years old.
May be there are still some rare breeds sticking to older HW solution but in no way it's an indicative feature of "high end monitor".

I Have a G7 and G9, both decent monitors but not sure how much of a drop in performance the G5 models are. HDR will not be that good on budget models. Do you end up with 3x average models just to gain the additional side views instead of a potentially better monitor in 32:9 and that is the dilemma some I think find in weighing the pros and cons of each.

Points to consider but not really triple display related.
DP 2.1 monitors will becoming more popular next year but lets examine the current trend for the last couple of years and where we are currently.

As we are seeing for the last few years OLED quality is very good and prices will fall but with this comes little need to then upgrade for several years, errrr right?

Many are using TVs as monitors nowadays too and indeed GYSNC is dead, sorry Nvidia AMD won that one by gaining support from TV manufacturers and with HDMI.

The future will be 5K 6K 8K displays that have higher refresh rates and give good HDR experiences. Thats the direction monitors seem to be going to differ from TVs.

Triple screen setups are becoming less popular, almost borderless monitors have not appeared (while possible) and as we already see, triple screen, still gets rather poor support from most developers.

We are at a point that things are changing, different technologies like virtual screens/windows now even possible on portable glasses. This area might improve greatly in the next few years.

Honestly unless its for the diehard sim fan that just must have triples, it seems that combining VR to replace triples and as a monitor compromise with 32:9, high res/high refresh is gaining popularity year on year just as VR and AR keep bringing improved hardware.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea