What the why?!

What the ever living hell is up with the VR in this game? Cut to the chase, last time my bro played it, it ran decently on his 1080Ti. He recently upgraded to a 3080Ti, fired up the game without changing a single setting and it runs like mine in VR, utter DOGSHIT.

Fired up Corsa, smooth as silk on ultra everything. He has a Quest2, I have a G2.

No excuse for it devs (not that they'll be reading this). Shameful incompetence.

Cut to the chase, last time my bro played it, it ran decently on his 1080Ti. He recently upgraded to a 3080Ti, fired up the game without changing a single setting and it runs like mine in VR, utter DOGSHIT.
Swapping the gpu can make geforce experience or a game changing lots of settings automatically.
I don't like that either, but probably something got adjusted.

Also it might be that the gpu could handle higher settings but the CPU can't. So throwing another few million polygons at the 3080ti would be okay, but the amount of drawcalls for the CPU is not.

Either way, probably some setting did auto-adjust.

AC1 doesn't do anything like that afaik. So that might explain it.

The game IMO does not have acceptable VR support to be considered a VR title. There is no hardware you can buy to make it run well and look OK at the same time. You can play it like its 2003 with a low resolution and no shadows and have alien floating cars and then it will run at 90 fps while you vaguely look at the Vaseline smeared image but that is about it for ACC. AC runs a lot better while looking nicer too.

AC, AMS2, RRRE and iRacing all run great in VR, ACC is not worth wasting time on due to its unacceptable performance.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Forum trophies