What Object Do You Want The Most For Your Track

B

Biggles1212

• Biggles1212

Hi fellow BTB users. :)

KSLM and I have been discussing making a book for you all.

After making the tutorial for importing your objects into BTB, I thought I could take it further and use specific models and make a step by step how to from using google sketchup, setting it up and actual model building to getting all the textures right, then importing it into BTB and using it in the game. I've made houses, control towers, bridges, trains, stations, garages, grand stands and a number of banners and fences.

The trains and tracks, fences and town housing are in sobject formats.

I've not worked out the lights story exactly but will get to it ASAP. I need help there myself.:question:

What would you like to learn to do the most? It does not have to necessarily be something I've already done.

:fwd:

Biggles

• austinman55

i could just do with a flood light tutorial, its doing my head in :pissed-off:

you will be my hero if you do one!!

• Biggles1212

@ mianiak: thanks, will have a go.

@ austinman55: I'm really keen to get a set of lights working, but have got a little busy lately. Somehow I bet it's not too difficult but the instructions available so far just aren't all that clear. I will give it my best go soon though.

• Jeff Handley

My home track paddock area is populated with various car hauler trailers, ranging from 12ft in length to 30 footers. Just amatuer racers. Some even bring them on an open trailer.

• Jeff Handley

Would you be willing to share those trailers? :)

The only ones i can get hold of, show up in rF as inside out and all weird shadey wise.

Festa, I was talking about the real worl paddock at my home track.
I will probably make a few once I get my track mod ready for it though.
When I do I will share them.

Haha...misunderstanding.

I already have that xpack :)

I thought you meant the 18-wheeler, artic. lorry type trailers they use.
Download and install blender.
Goto google images and google a trailer, find a good side, front and rear picture.
make the images into dds files (can be done with gimp if you don't have photoshop)
Open blender, create a cube, stretch it out, add circles for the wheels, apply UV mapping, export as 3ds.
Import trailer.3ds into xpacker, save, open btb, load trailer xpack, add object. :)
It's that easy!
Most tutorials on how to use blender can be found on you tube.

[ED] After I posted I thought to make you one so you can see how easy it is to do.
Feel free to use it, you will have to pack it into an xpack yourself and make your own skin for it. I hope its easy to understand.
http://www.3rdgearmotorsports.com/files/trailer.zip
blender_trailer.png

Cheers for that mianiak!

I use zmodeler for anything i build. It never even crossed my mind to build one, and thinking of it, yeh its simple! lol

Trouble i find with zmodeler is i have to spin my model 180 deg. on 2 axis so it shows the right way up in BTB. Is it the same with other 3D programs?

I might give blender a go, see if i find it easier to use han zmod. :)

Cheers again.

NP, You got me started lol. I'm onto making some trucks now. I'll try and make a whole xpack of trucks and trailers, can't promise anything though, time is short. (Attached a screenshot, please excuse the texture not matching up, I haven't finished that yet)

As for blenders ease of use, I find blender simple, easy and very practical for BTB when it comes to simple models.

This is where I started with blender. It explains prety well much all you need to know to be able to make a model.

Once you got that down, then its onto UV mapping.

Then its just export as 3ds and Bob's your uncle :D

[ED] Just to demonstrate blender's potential, a friend of mine made this in blender.

Attachments

• merc.jpg
    merc.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 240
Oh deffinately. I`m not slating blender in any way. I`m just that used to zmodeler, i think it works best for me, despite its niggles.

As for 3dmax....ha, no chance....theres just too much extra crap you dont need with that program for my liking.

But yeh, come on people, making is easy!! :)

I must take my own advice and make my own trailers! :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%