What does the RACER community drive?

Just curious. I bought my 1st car last week, a 1996 Plymouth Neon coupe.

0625101743.jpg

0625101745.jpg

Attachments

• 0625101743.jpg
    0625101743.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 648
It needs to be trashed mercilessly, then it will have no problems :p

Went powersliding for the first time in my life. Gravel roads + Suzuki in 2H mode = 10 minutes of non stop fun. I never thought that a diesel powered Vitara could be such a happy tail slider :p

It needs to be trashed mercilessly, then it will have no problems :p

Went powersliding for the first time in my life. Gravel roads + Suzuki in 2H mode = 10 minutes of non stop fun. I never thought that a diesel powered Vitara could be such a happy tail slider :p
Its got 22k miles on it and its from 2000. I don't think its ever been thrashed in its life.

wait your surprised that a diesel rwd vehicle can slide its tail out? lol its all that down low torque.

Tbf I never thought a diesel would either, a diesel Lexus, a diesel Lexus with TC, and yet.. they can. I actually quite like diesels now, all that low torque is fun haha.

Why is there no diesel V6 sports cars?!

Tbf I never thought a diesel would either, a diesel Lexus, a diesel Lexus with TC, and yet.. they can. I actually quite like diesels now, all that low torque is fun haha.

Why is there no diesel V6 sports cars?!

Because Diesel motors are heavy, and the unit in your car is turbocharged. Diesels make their power and torque over a very narrow powerband, which is not ideal for sporty driving.

V8 Diesel SUVs are better option for me, KS95. One time I've had a chance to drive ( of course as passenger :p) Audi Q7 4,2 TDI, and loved that engine. A lot of power and torque hidden under the bonnet give driver fun to drive car like that. There is no problems with overtaking, and driving on highways. The problem is, at least in Poland, diesel fuel is very expensive and slowly petrol cars displace diesel engines here. Of course I don't criticize petrol engines, I think they are good too, I like new techonologies in petrol engines, like TSI engine in VW or Ecoboost in Ford's.

My sister has an A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line, it's a great engine, and I think the new ones are even faster and more fuel efficient. I'd love to see a diesel sports car, surely it can be done.. *hope*

GT86 is almost here, closer and closer with each day. I can't wait to see it, hear it.. *drool*

My sister has an A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line, it's a great engine, and I think the new ones are even faster and more fuel efficient. I'd love to see a diesel sports car, surely it can be done.. *hope*

GT86 is almost here, closer and closer with each day. I can't wait to see it, hear it.. *drool*
Back in 2009 VW made a concept sports car with a diesel. the Bluesport.
Volkswagen-BlueSport_Concept_2009_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

I would of bought one, had they actually put it into production.

Hello everyone, long time no see... Cheers everyone!
@206 you know jack **** about diesels, do you? Look here:
Don't be offended, but here in Europe diesels are evolved, they're fast, confy and use much less fuel and above all they 're sporty!
Nowdays there are some diesel sportscars: Golf GTD, BMW 550d, Merc CLS 350 CDI, Audi A3 TDI 170...
Everything is possible!

Last edited:
I split driving duty between my two vehicles​
'99 Ford Explorer Sport​
My 1st vehicle. I've had it for nearing a decade now. With some work it doesn't mind taking corners, has a good sound system, and pretty good at towing pretty much anything I need to pull.​
Specifics: 4.0L OHV V6, 5-speed manual with Hurst shifter, custom CAI and exhaust, 2" drop with upgraded swaybars, limited-slip diff with 3.73 gears, Mustang bucket seats, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12" with a 1000w Kenwood amp, and Mazda B3000 rims with 255-70-15 tires.​
Splorer22.jpg
'90 Mustang LX 5.0 hatchback​
Picked it up a year ago with low miles (59k to be precise) and a steal of a price. It's my baby and I'll look for any excuse to take it for a spin. Most of the work has been done by the previous owner, that should hopefully change soon.​
Specifics: 5.0L High Output V8 Mass Air EFI, T-5 5-speed, factory limited-slip with 3.08 gears, BBK CAI, MAC Longtube headers, cat delete, Flowmaster Super 44s, Hypertech chip, and Pacer DragStar rims​
Front.jpg

Okay, today I want show you my mother's new car :) Peugeot 407 SW 2.0 HDI/140HP, 2009. Very nice car, it's french but cool. Equipment:

- Radio CD/MP3
- Air Condition
- Panoramic roof
- 6-speed manual gearbox
- soft seats
- on-board computer
- Alloy wheels
- 8 Airbags

now it's time to photos :p

Okay, today I want show you my mother's new car :) Peugeot 407 SW 2.0 HDI/140HP, 2009. Very nice car, it's french but cool. Equipment:

- Radio CD/MP3
- Air Condition
- Panoramic roof
- 6-speed manual gearbox
- soft seats
- on-board computer
- Alloy wheels
- 8 Airbags

now it's time to photos :p
A problem with french cars? :p lool joke ^^
do you like the engine? I've never tested a peugeot so..
Is it automatic?
I can say just one thing about car brands, every brand has it's quality and defaults ^^ :p

I can't complain about the Pugs. My mum has a 206 (for about 9 years I think) and the only thing it's ever needed was a new exhaust and new tyres. Before that we had a Citroen Saxo though, and it never actually worked, and Citroen could never fix it..

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 423 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 125 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.5%
Back