What cars are next for ACC?

If there is to be any more DLC after the British GT pack, I'd guess it would be more tracks? So DLC based on the GT Challenge America and Asian series.

Theoretically, that would allow them to release a TCR pack as TC America and GTC America have a similar track roster. I'd be slightly surprised if that happens, but it would be nice if it did :)

Looking more broadly than that, I wonder how much longer the title will be supported? I can't see that providing seasonal updates for each series is going to garner that much interest, so maybe until the end of 2021?

The GT2 cars are hopefully going to be running in some of the SRO series this year so maybe we'll see them in the game at some point. Could be a good one for Kunos to add since at the moment the GT2s aren't tied to any particular series so could probably be licensed without having to license a series as well and since they're pretty new it could be really good press for the game to be the first to have them.

Last edited:
The GT2 cars are hopefully going to be running in some of the SRO series this year so maybe we'll see them in the game at some point. Could be a good one for Kunos to add since at the moment the GT2s aren't tied to any particular series so could probably be licensed without having to license a series as well and since they're pretty new it could be really good press for the game to be the first to have them.
That's a good one! Saw the KTM X-Bow GTX the other day, which will be homologated for the GT2 class.
What a spaceship.

I would hope for all SRO series at some point.
Just now we got 11 new cars, so lot to play with for the moment.

I would actually pay money for a FCY and safety car add on. Having watched the 3h race at Imola over the weekend, 80% of the race was decided during the FCY / safety car / pit phases. To properly simulate that would be plain awesome.
This would include no jumps to pitlane, more realistic sand/gravel traps, slow recovery of stranded vehicles then?

On a less plausible note: Ever since I watched this year's opening round at Fuji, I've been entertaining a fantasy that Kunos will use the assets from ACC to develop a Super GT sim based on the 2020 season.

I mean, most of the GT300 grid is GT3 cars anyway. They'd just have to do the GT500 field, the MC and JAF cars plus a few circuits and hey presto, you'd have my dream sim! ;)

I see your point, but there must be an intelligent way to reproduce these without killing the game. As it is now, endurance racing against AI is really useless as the races are ... static.
I can only see a very dogmatic approach to two different versions of such a game:
  1. driving simulator
  2. realistic simulation of the sport
At the moment ACC is the first of which. If you want to get closer to realism, be prepared to bin your race in the first sand trap, all others will have FCY for 7 laps, putter around behind the SC for 2 laps, etc.
In some videos from Aris I understood from him that nobody would want the second option. I would disagree. I would welcome the OPTION of getting more realism. Especially in an endurance race.

You talked about static races ......maybe simulate even the odd tyre blow up, mechanical failure, bad pit stop, you name it. Also monetary budget per season, etc to replicate Motorsport not just motor racing.
You would create randomness. This COULD frustrate people however.

I know that many of you will disagree with me on the above. I am not saying I necessarily want all of the above in a simulator, but I would be interested to try it out for myself and see if I like it or not.
At the moment ACC is very forgiving in terms of consequences from bad choices .... and static in some ways.

I'd be the second chap to sign up for such a "simulation". One might for example speed up the time it takes to being dug out from the sandtrap, but once you're clear, everyone else has been in the pits and has done four laps behind the safety car. And I fully agree on the odd random stuff happening. It's actually there in ACC (or so I heard), but at least in my universe it has never happened, all the AI are doing their thing straight for 3h (that's the longest I was willing to try, it just got toooo boring after that.) I'd also love to have an AI player who takes over your car while you have a break, does his laps in 10x speed (like the rest of the field) and after some minutes you take over again, but an hour has passed in the game.

If you want to get closer to realism, be prepared to bin your race in the first sand trap, all others will have FCY for 7 laps, putter around behind the SC for 2 laps, etc.

There are just too many variables involved for it to have any element of justifiable realism. How much damage has been done? Would it prevent you from self-recovering back to the pits? Have you gone off in a dangerous place (and how would that reliably be calculated from track to track)? How long would it take to clear your car from its crash site? If more than one car was involved, would you stagger the car recoveries (yes - if you’re looking for realism)? When would you apply a FCY rather than a SC? To make it work you’d have to prevent cars teleporting back to the pits or players leaving the game (or somehow retain their car in the game if they did). If you ignore all of these factors, you’d just be injecting a SC or a FCY to spice up the race and that would annoy the players who’d spent many laps battling to the front only to see their advantage disappear. Ask most real drivers and they’d probably say that they’d much rather not have SCs or FCYs. There are so many other reasons why racing sims are not truly realistic and, from my perspective at least, I’d much rather continue racing as quickly as possible rather than spending potentially a significant portion of the race behind a SC.

I'd also love to have an AI player who takes over your car while you have a break, does his laps in 10x speed (like the rest of the field) and after some minutes you take over again, but an hour has passed in the game.

I thought you were looking for more realism?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea