F1 2013 Wet Weather

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I have reached China in my first season. I race on Professional and do 100% races with McLaren. I qualified 8th and was holding a respectable 5th which became 7th when the pit crew held me until I had lost enough places to be allowed out again. Anyway it started to rain, quite heavily. We all pitted for Inters. In 3 laps I had fallen from 7th to 11th then it really started lay on the track so we all pitted for Full wets. I ended up 18th. In 10 laps I had lost 11 places. Without spinning or leaving the track.

I was unable to get the power down. I was being very gentle, but anytime I tried to be less gentle the back stepped out. The AI could put the power way earlier than I could.

Is there anytihng you can do? Do you just have to accept that the AI are 3 secs faster in the wet?

I have yet to be able to compete with the AI in the rain. They are much better on the throttle and seem more able to keep their pace.
I recently had a Career Silverstone race that started dry and turned very wet half way through.... I was very competitive in the dry but the AI smoked me in the wet. I headed a train of cars for a while, but one mistake and the AI are past.

The only thing I would do would be to drop the AI a level if you know the weather will be mostly wet. But if most of the race is dry and you drop the AI level you'll probably just run away with the race and it won't be much fun.

Or, if you don't use traction control normally then you could try turning it on for the wet part of the race and see if that enables you to keep pace with the AI... just remember to turn it back off when it dries out.

It can just be setup. If you like to run in the dry with an oversteery setup (higher front wing, lower front ride height), it just kills you when it rains. I find this problem. When it is wet, you need a more balanced setup or you'll just have this problem over and over again.

Thanks Jimlaad. However in this case, I had seen the weather forcast and set the car up for wet conditions. I usually prefer an understeery car in most condidtions anyway but I decided to go with wet weather springs and camber and slightly higher wing than usual, I had reasonable control but couldnt get the power down anywhere near as soon as the AI

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.