Weird issue at the finish of a race

All of a sudden the race finish changed to that the computer now takes control over my car as soon as I cross the finish line on the last lap. Happens on all tracks. It also changes the cockpit camera to the TV camera at that point and then after some 5 seconds the game goes to the timing screen.

I modify my game on a daily basis but can't see that I've done anything that would cause this. I've also checked the player file as well as other possible relevant files. This is really annoying as I want to remain in the car and not get thrown out at the finish line after a long race. Anyone got any ideas what could have happened with my game?

I recall seeing an option for a cooldown lap, but after searching through the files, I could not find it. It's an interesting problem since GT Legends does this automatically at the end of the race. Your issue made me wonder if I could disable it in that game.

Apart from that, I have been creating a lot of .GDB files to add mod cars into the games and create Championship files. So, I probably noticed it there. A lot of mods Include the GDB file to add their cars into the UI, so It might be worth a look to see if there is a line added to disable the cooldown lap.

Problem solved and it turned out that the No AI Control="1" line in the .plr file had been changed from "1" to "0" for some reason.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea