RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

GTR Evo doesn't have the layout Stefan is talking about, it only has the long version of the GP track + Nords. Which is annoying, because the VLN version is sooooo much better.

I'm surprised someone hasn't modded it actually. Can't take much to chop that bit out and add a small hairpin.....

Does seem a little weird that they didn't put that layout in. Wonder if we could get a eeevans modded special? :wink2:

dtm_racing.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA
Class: 2007 DTM Racing Series v1.2--> download

Track:Nürburgring GP

Start time: 22:00gmt - 6:00pm EST - 3:00pm PST
Weather: Dry
Practice: 30mins
Qualification: 30mins
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 30 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Entrylist:
  1. James Yates
  2. Yuri Braham
  3. Cristian Haba
  4. Keith Barrick
  5. Bob Luneski
  6. Carlos Seoane
  7. Nuno Areias
  8. Rhys Gardiner
  9. Ross McGregor
  10. Martin Meyer
  11. Nick Deeley
  12. Tyler Scurlock
  13. Jim Lee
  14. Abdul Ahmed
  15. Ollie Chamberlain
  16. John Sydenstricker
  17. Viking Jansson
  18. Guivi Nilsen
  19. Bert Van Waes
  20. Nico Major
  21. David Barry
  22. Chris Rogerson
  23. Johan Bergqvist
  24. Lee Downham
  25. Driver

GTR Evo doesn't have the layout Stefan is talking about, it only has the long version of the GP track + Nords. Which is annoying, because the VLN version is sooooo much better.
Actually, the Endurance layout is correct. The only way to shorten it more would be to run the old F1 chicane at T1 instead of the u-turn and loop. :)

Eric, despite the 4 km more per lap, I think the endurance layout would be the way to go. Could always reduce the race by a lap or two to compensate for the extra time. Doing a complete lap of nearly 7-10 mins (guessing) before starting a hot lap can be rather annoying. Some might not even make it all the way around on there out lap without crashing. lol. Either way, I will happily do my laps. :)

No, you put the hairpin in after the first set of turns :). Hairpin right onto the track, cutting out 4 corners :)

I'm sure Eric could set qualifying to 'htolap' so that we start from speed. Or just allow people to turn around the wrong way oput of the pits and do the lap that way.

No need to drag the Nurburgring's bastard offspring into it :D

Another intense and fun DTM event. Qualified 10th and got an uncharacteristically good start gaining 2 positions before T1. It all went to pebbles from there as I had to bail into the gravel on the left of T1 to avoid the flying car that was headed my way. I think it was Lewis Fergusson but it was difficult to tell with the car being airborne and sideways. Rejoined the pack loosing around 8 positions. Then approaching the sharp left hand uphill turn it was clear a repeat of the T1 carnage was in process. To void this one I broke hard and turned in sharply.

I successfully avoided the incident, but I was high centered on the inside curb!!! :rotfl: I thought "This really sucks" and then along came a benevolent soul to my rescue. Lewis Fergusson came up on me and took pity on my predicament and helped me get off the curb. Well rammed me repeatedly with increasing ferocity actually. (subconscious latent hostility from yesterdays race perhaps?? :rotfl:)

Anyway it took Lewis at least 30-40 seconds to dislodge me from the curb. By this time the pack was long gone and we got to the business of salvaging the race. In something slightly reminiscent of the AF3K race we proceeded to gain and pass person after person, only this time with the roles reversed with Lewis in the lead and me trailing. By the checkered flag Lewis had fought back to 12th and I was in 13th. A very gratifying result.

All kidding aside. I want to express my deepest gratitude to Lewis for his exceptional RD spirit sacrificing his race to help another in trouble. :thanks: You'll certainly get my vote for the sportsmanship award!

No, you put the hairpin in after the first set of turns :). Hairpin right onto the track, cutting out 4 corners :)
The hairpin is placed just before T5 of the GP track. There is no place else to do it, unless you want to run track through a wall and the solid rock grandstand along the back straight. :D The pic below is of T3.

Simbin got the endurance layout right.

The second pic is of T1. You can see the chicane I meant off going off to the right, which speeds things up and cuts out three corners. No clue if they still use this in F1, as I haven't followed F1 in years.

Edit: Found a nice little illustration, which shows the alternate routes of the GP circuit. Probably makes things a bit clearer than my poor attempt of explaining it. :)

Attachments

• 30 Jul 06 - Nürburgring GP Track 052.jpg
    30 Jul 06 - Nürburgring GP Track 052.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 30 Jul 06 - Nürburgring GP Track 059.jpg
    30 Jul 06 - Nürburgring GP Track 059.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 202
  • nurburgring02gp_map.jpg
    nurburgring02gp_map.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 202
  • Jason Halaby

Thanks to all for the fun racing - and to RD for making it possible.
I had some luck surviving the messy first lap, and continued with a fairly clean and consistent race, mostly chasing and being chased by Nick, John, and Abdul - great racing guys!

And congrats to Keith, Ben, and James for the podium.

Haha, I still don't get what you mean - this video shows what I mean :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3wjs-LCzp0[/ame]

EDIT: I do see what you mean now? Are you sure thats the layout Simbin have? I thought they included the full GP layout with Nordschleife?

Too bad that i have to run TS on my laptop since i can't plug a mic in to my desktop cause of the 5.1 outputs.. And it's not very comfortable to lean over to top of the laptops screen to talk directly to the onboard mic, other way is just a bad case of eeeeecccchhhhhhoooooo....hooo..hooo..hooo..HOOO..HOOOOOOO... you get the picture..

Oh yes and all my real mics are packed tightly in the flightcases which are still at the location 120km away after the last show.. have to retrieve them back someday...and they all need a phantom power anyway from the mixer and i really would not like to setup a fullsize live-mixer beside me for one lousy mic.. So i'll be more listening than talking but that's better than nothing, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back