We need to talk about Max Verstappen

Not a massive fan of Verstappen myself but that was incredible!
Not to mention his save also before the main straight.

The Dutch commentary always act as if he is the greatest thing on earth but you have to love their reaction

Last month everybody talked about his ridiculous driving style. This not good, that not good. Now he is a god: the new schummi and or senna.:rolleyes:

Let them talk about ridiculous driving style...the only ridiculous is, that they talk a lot of bull****. But... he's not the new Schumi or Senna...he is the one and only MAX!!

Not a massive fan of Verstappen myself but that was incredible!
Not to mention his save also before the main straight.

The Dutch commentary always act as if he is the greatest thing on earth but you have to love their reaction
That Olav Moll is going nuts is simply because
  • He knows his dad, Jos,from the moment he won the Marlboro Masters at Zandvoort and saw Max litterly growing up in the paddock.
media_xll_2913932.jpg

and
  • Max is the first Dutch driver who actually can win races in F1. All the past Dutch drivers drove in, or back marker teams, or too early in a winning team with Schumacher as the #1 driver.
  • Olav is a racing driver himself and very enthusiastic and emotional commentator with a huge heart for the sport. He was crying when Max won that race in Spain.

Also, so funny after Mars Bar & co knocking him last week. ;)

He deserved to be knocked last week, he deserves praise this week. I will criticise and praise when I feel the need to criticise and praise.

As you've might of seen, I'm very opinionated and I say what I think.

When the race report goes up on RD, I'll be criticising Red Bull for their strategy calls that might of cost Max the victory and Ricciardo a shot at a podium or a better decision. I'll also criticise Sebastian for hypocrisy the FIA for being stupid

The reason Max is good in the rain is that here in the Netherlands when we race in karts we never use rain tires. So when it rains we race with slicks. That is why Max is that good in the rain. He knows where the grip is on the track.

The reason Max is good in the rain is that here in the Netherlands when we race in karts we never use rain tires. So when it rains we race with slicks. That is why Max is that good in the rain. He knows where the grip is on the track.
Sorry maat,

Complete Horseshit,

We do use rain tyres in karting here in holland you would be crazy if you didn't :D

BTW Before we start this discussion,
Rentalkarting is lawnmower racing, rental karting ain't karting

Not to show off by the way :) just saying.

it would be outright dangerous in a KZ1 Shifterkart when you drive with slicks on wet weather.

And junior classes

1. He is an aboslute great driver that will be champion within 2 years and no he is not a menace that was Maldonado.

2. yes he is he is the complete package he has knowledge of racing and building the car.

3.No i think all the crybabies like Massa, Rosberg and Vettel needs to tone down. They have been sooooo spoiled over the years by getting there way while they shouldn't. This is a thing called racing not crying wen ya lose.

4. Heck yeah i mean he does a great job and 2nd this style makes him prone to making mistakes which makes ya learn alot and build more and more experience (remember exp is not just gained by driving lap after lap after lap)

5. Very very interesting question you can really tell that he arrives very late at that corner (given the fact the according to F1 laws Kimi already passed him) and he still pushed on trough that could indeed be worth a penalty. Also after (just a second ago) reviewing it again he should be penalised for not steering trough the corner properly, halfway the corner he straightens his steering wheel while he should have been steering to the right still in order to give Kimi space. At the other hand Kimi risked everything aswell by still pushing trough and not backing off and risking the race of 2 drivers which is seen as a breach of safety.

6. I am a huge Max fan and i really hate Nico but let me tell you Max was definitely suprised by the arrival of Nico and this was a very legit overtake by Nico so i would definitely say no. Besides Max just pushed hard and never lifted therefore breaching the FIA's Track Limit rule and they could definitely have punished him with a Drive Trough Penalty he deliberately pushed on to get back ahead of Nico.

7. FIA made a good call in singapore taking away Max his P3 after doing the exact same thing never backing off and full throttle trough the grass this is double trouble as he also compromised safety by going full throttle over a non-grip surface which could make him spin and crash into a other driver.

I am curious what you all think of this. (all situations and answers).

p.s. My description of point number 3 is what in the world of shipping is called:
Allowing you're crew run the boat. This is never a good thing.

1. He is an aboslute great driver that will be champion within 2 years and no he is not a menace that was Maldonado.

Potentially yes. It comes down to a few factors though

1- Will he have the best car?
2- Will he be able to beat Ricciardo throughout the whole season?
3- Will he be able to stay out of trouble which has caused him problems this season?
4- What about the rest of the grid? How will they perform

2- yes he is he is the complete package he has knowledge of racing and building the car.

Lot's of people can say they are the complete package though. Especially with the sheer number of bright young talents moving through the ranks at the moment.

3.No i think all the crybabies like Massa, Rosberg and Vettel needs to tone down. They have been sooooo spoiled over the years by getting there way while they shouldn't. This is a thing called racing not crying wen ya lose.

Vettel definitely needs to tone down. He's become a complete hypocrite. Doing the exact same thing he complains about. Rosberg and Massa aren't good examples of those who whinge however. I mean Hamilton whinges all the time, more than Rosberg I would say.

4. Heck yeah i mean he does a great job and 2nd this style makes him prone to making mistakes which makes ya learn alot and build more and more experience (remember exp is not just gained by driving lap after lap after lap)

A style that is prone to mistakes isn't exactly the best to have. Esteban Ocon is extremely quick, but that's not the whole reason he is a future world class driver. Consistency is why he will be a future star. The guy pumped out result after result in junior formula, and would win championships because of this. Max will gain experience, but will he learn from mistakes? He's stubborn, which could be a problem.

5. Very very interesting question you can really tell that he arrives very late at that corner (given the fact the according to F1 laws Kimi already passed him) and he still pushed on trough that could indeed be worth a penalty. Also after (just a second ago) reviewing it again he should be penalised for not steering trough the corner properly, halfway the corner he straightens his steering wheel while he should have been steering to the right still in order to give Kimi space. At the other hand Kimi risked everything aswell by still pushing trough and not backing off and risking the race of 2 drivers which is seen as a breach of safety.

But this creates a new debate. Should of Kimi just have simply backed out. The answer is of course not. That's not racing. Pushing someone off the track isn't racing either however.

Kimi was the victim at Spa. He was targeted by Max out of revenge for what happened at turn one even though Vettel was to blame.

6. I am a huge Max fan and i really hate Nico but let me tell you Max was definitely suprised by the arrival of Nico and this was a very legit overtake by Nico so i would definitely say no. Besides Max just pushed hard and never lifted therefore breaching the FIA's Track Limit rule and they could definitely have punished him with a Drive Trough Penalty he deliberately pushed on to get back ahead of Nico.

This is a difficult debate. Rosberg made a late lunge and he probably should have given more room to Max. Max didn't do a lot wrong here, moved a little under braking if I wanted to nit pick but he gave Nico space down the inside so fair game

This move though just highlights how inconsistent the stewards are. I mean Nico's move was far better than Nando's move on Massa -->

7. FIA made a good call in singapore taking away Max his P3 after doing the exact same thing never backing off and full throttle trough the grass this is double trouble as he also compromised safety by going full throttle over a non-grip surface which could make him spin and crash into a other driver.

It was the right call. They should have made the SAME call with Hamilton however so Max was unfairly treated in that regard. The problem in that scenario was that Max didn't concede the position back to Vettel, and tried backing him into Ricciardo.

1. a. yes true i mean we all know that today the car could be great and the 2017 car could for example be promising but in the end it could totally suck look at how strong ferrari was last year compared to this year while they had high hopes. b. Better then Ricciardo all season long he will in his dreams that is. c. Like you mentioned later in you're response he is stubborn so no he will have some problems along the way for sure. d. That is in my opinion more of a future question for when the new owners really gonna make a mark: Are they gonna spread the prize money more even or is it gonna be another Bernie term and only the top gets good money. But to answer you're question: Next year will be tough i mean the biggest silent killer of F1 is still Force India and Ferrari is still there, Mercedes will still be right up there so yeah that is a tough one.

2. Not really i mean do you think that if a Mangusen, Ericson, Perez, Palmer that kinda drivers join i team the whole team get's a boost and the car gets way better? No i don't think so this happens when you get a racer like: Max or Prost or Lauda put in a team i mean Senna was an amazing driver but he wasn't a massive car developer ;)

3. I am not even gonna argue with that when Lewie doesn't get what he want or needs he can cry more then Massa and Vettel together and Nico just complains out of insecurity so i agree with that :p

4. a. That's why i said he will learn from situation when things go bad, he wants to be champion his being stubborn will have a limit at some point just not now yet.
b. It is comparing apples with pears Ocon had more race experience before F1 then Max had Max had just 1 year of Formula 3 and Ocon had driven Formula 3, DTM, Formula Renault (2.0 AND 3.5) not to forget his GP3 experience.

5. Yes he had to be Penalised for revenging people (he admitted on TR) but i like to look at the situation first and what happened besides i agreed he had to recieve a penalty for not steering trough the complete corner but cutting Kimi off.

6. a. Again the minor details had Max still followed the Track Limit rule i would have agreed but instead of talking to his team or direct a message to Charlie he played his own judge and broke the rule to get back ahead. b. Yeah that move from Nando was just outrages and is not just pushing a driver of the track but also compromising safety but turning into massa recklessly.

7. Before i respond allow me to fact check myself it was Mexico ofc and not Singapore i was suprised to see i typed Singapore.

That is correct so you could argue he should be getting a DSQ for Race fixing cause that is just nasty same to Hamilton (i just reviewed his action a sec ago) who didn't even try to go on the brake for a single second that is sooo obvious.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back