ACC WCE Round 5 - Vote for time of day

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event

Which conditions would you like to race in?

• Day - Night - Day

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Day - Sunset

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
It's been highlighted that a few drivers struggle at Spa in night conditions and would like to race in the day. To keep things fair please vote for which conditions you would like.

Don't forget your best 6 finishes count for the overall leaderboard so if night transition is voted for you can either put in some practice or skip this event.

I voted for day-sunset. As pointed by @akephoe, 45 minutes and 1 pit stop is too little time for a 24h transition. We would drive a lot of time with "wrong" tyre pressures. We would risk some accidents caused by under-pressured tyres. If it was a longer race, we could pit at sunset and then at sunrise and have a safer night stint.

I did enjoy the 1 hour race over Day-Night-Day, but I think being shorter on time and single tyre change I voted for Day - Sunset.

Happy to do anything though

I agree with the PSI issues.
I did a test run with 20 minutes and x48 time multi.
I had to do the first 3 laps with 28.3 psi, then the pressures dropped to 27.3.
I then took the pit stop and the outlap was at 26.7 psi, first flying lap with 27.5 and then it quickly went up with the sun coming out again.
Finished with 28.5 psi all around.

That was with brake ducts as closed as possible since the changing temps are tiny compared to the brake temps. Less cool air to the tyre core will also keep the temps more steady under changing ambient/track temps I'd guess?
When I opened the brake ducts completely, the gap between day/night became bigger.

With 2 stops it would be way better. But 45 minutes aren't enough for 2 stops at Spa. The 1 stop will already put the lead car right to the back of the field :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back