F1 2018 Was option to do full race weekend at track of your choice removed?

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
Having taken about a week away from the game and several patches come out since then, upon going back into it tonight, I feel like I'm going crazy -- did there not used to be an option other than career, or the way Grand Prix currently works, of just doing a full race weekend at a track of your choice? For example, I'd like to race in Singapore. It appears the Grand Prix option forces me to either continue the session I'd already had going (currently in Italy, where, I am quite certain, I started last week, as my first race) or to start anew but in Australia, with no choice of track.

Did something change here, or am I imagining things?

OK, I think I figured it out. Basically there's a way to do it, but not the way I remember it nor how I'd expect it to work. Apparently the Grand Prix mode appears to be intended to be a way to race a user-selected series of circuits with a single driver, so once you begin it, it becomes sort of like a mini-championship in that you're locked in.

So you can indeed choose any track to do a full race weekend at, but it requires that you discard your current Grand Prix ''save" and start a completely new one. Seems odd to me. Why wouldn't they have a mode where you could very easily do a full race weekend at a track of your choice completely in isolation from any larger commitment?

OK, I think I figured it out. Basically there's a way to do it, but not the way I remember it nor how I'd expect it to work. Apparently the Grand Prix mode appears to be intended to be a way to race a user-selected series of circuits with a single driver, so once you begin it, it becomes sort of like a mini-championship in that you're locked in.

So you can indeed choose any track to do a full race weekend at, but it requires that you discard your current Grand Prix ''save" and start a completely new one. Seems odd to me. Why wouldn't they have a mode where you could very easily do a full race weekend at a track of your choice completely in isolation from any larger commitment?
So that there are less menus. A 1 race championship is basically the same as a full race weekend, so they made it 1 game mode

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%