Cars VW Polo G40 Cup

Okay... So this was the first project for AC. We released it quite some time ago for rF1 and the car was a lot of fun to drive.
Again, we did a truckload of skins based on our research and attempt to recreate long lost liveries and obscure company logos.
Then we decided we needed a new dashboard and so we did!
Anyway I'm stuck with this one. It's using kunos sounds, has some weird physics and i'm banging my head against the wall to make the new dashboard look nice ingame. I didn't even bother to fix the interior cams so it's a bit off.

Anyway i'm considering releasing a pre-beta or Alpha version... Still some work to do, but at least i'd know what am i doing wrong and what am i missing too.
Plus, opening (another) thread keeps the pressure :)

custom-showroom-1588288731.jpg

custom-showroom-1588288740.jpgcustom-showroom-1588288750.jpgcustom-showroom-1588288758.jpgcustom-showroom-1588288766.jpgcustom-showroom-1588288769.jpgcustom-showroom-1588288772.jpg

Hey glad to see you made this car, i actually own a polo and i can help with feedback if needed
from first impressions the rear axle is way too rigid , 3 wheels actions happens everywhere i assume that's fun to watch but not that much to drive.

For the 3D model i can provide detailed pictures if needed too and some measurements if needed too

Hope to see that mod evolve, thanks for the awsome work already !

Hey everyone !

Last few days i tried to work on the mod and did some tweaks, about the suspensions the car is much more drivable now, i also teaked the gearbox ratios with the real polo's ratios, i put all the factory shortest gears, and also shortest final drive, the gearbox is now a bit longer than before especialy in 5th gear, i reach 180 kmh on the long straight of norisring before the hairpin.
i also tweaked the fueltank size and location from 45 to 42 liters and positioned it where it should be.
ther's a lot of work to do on the front geometry the steering arms are at the wrong place and the lower braces are miss placed too, tires are the wrong size too and i don't know how to change this, i also tried to tweak the collision model but couldn't find how.

I'll post it here if the original owner/creator is okay, i'm still new to assetto and modding on assetto.

Hello everyone!

After few days of work and ajustements the car is much more drivable, still a bit wobbly sometimes but it is okay.
I need to tweak compression forces, but i have no realistic data for that so i left it like it was.

I re worked all the suspension geometry from basic to a realistic polo geometry, i re worked the brakes forces and balance, i changed tires to semi slicks instead of OP slicks, and i added 3 liveries (Default , Stock G40 , Wintershall).

I still have no news of the mod creator/owner, i hope he will be okay with that.

Here are some action shots:
Screenshot_polog40_norisring_29-4-121-11-59-5.jpg
Screenshot_polog40_norisring_29-4-121-11-59-31.jpg
Screenshot_polog40_norisring_29-4-121-12-3-47.jpg

EDIT: Suspensions fixed car is now easy and fun to drive i also ajusted brakes and ARBs

Here is the Mod download link of the Alpha V2.1 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AVktrJ2nH12QGPyM9O2bTie11vwtfknj/view?usp=sharing

Any feedback will be appreciated thanks.

Last edited:
hi great mod finaly got a g40 in the game but i noticed a bit of a bug when in vr where i cannot see out of the windscreen and is very blury
i had this bug too (non VR) at first but it disappeared after i updated my custom shaders patch in CM settings.

i still have a bug where opponents cars disappear in the windscreen zone too,
i think ther's a problem with the inside windscreen texture

And for the Blur try to disable Temporal anti aliasing in Extra FX.
Does it happen only in VR or playing on screen too ?

thanks for the feedback

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes