VSCC S3 | Round 2 @ Taruma - Sat 16 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Neto for the fantastic Win and to Risto to give him a fantastic battle for the victory. Was great to watch! :thumbsup:

My personal race was better than expected. Qualy was bad, I was only 21th.
Im not a particular fan of this Tarumã track, always struggle there.
Race was good though, I had a good share of battles with several drivers. Some great overtakings on the main straight and on that really fast T1.
I battled Jon Hicken, Ryan Seltzer, Paul Watkins, Daniel Lee....at different times during the race, and that was really enjoyable.
In the end take that 10th place was rewarding. From where I came on the grid and with the pace I have, I think is pretty much beyond what was possible for me today.

Now for the next round I will have my teamate on Server 1, and I hope we can bring good points to the Copenhagen Apex squad.

Thanks all RD staff for the work and calm under the dificulties, and to the broadcast staff I wish a better and more calm sail next time! :)

It was a very good weekend for Copenhagen Apex.
First I want to comment on @Angelo dos Santos performance. That was outstanding going from 21 to 10, really impressive.

I was so bitter after round 1, where I managed to park the car in the wall on first lap (DF).

My main goal was to finish within top five so I could advance to server 1, so I could help scoring points to the team.

In practice I was quickest and in qualifying I sat pole position (1.02.800) but it was close between me and @Tal. Tal did hold back in practice, so I was a bit surprised with his speed in Quali.

In the race I hat a bad start and dropped to second and Tal went flying, whit in a couple of laps I closed down on Tal and accidently gave him a little bump, and that made me loose my focus. But I am happy that nothing happened to Tal. After that I had a little battle with @Theo van den Brink before I put the car in the wall again L

I decided to drive the first stint with damage, and after half way through the race I pitted and changed four tires, fuel and repair the damage. I spent over a minute in the pit, and when I rejoined the race I was in fifth. The rest of the race I was chasing down @Andrew Harper, but I could not get close enough until the final laps when Andrew and Theo banged it out and I went bye. On the final lap on the straight I ran out of fuel, but cruised over the finish line as second.

So it was a good weekend both for me and Angelo.

I am looking forward to be part of the server 1 and the broadcast team, see you next week.

Yeah I think obviously we need to look at the bright side. For sure winning in the second server with such good competition is yeah a notable achievement, but obviously this is still just damage mitigation from the first race. So yeah , content with the result, and looking forward to rejoining my teammate @Frank and yeah fight for more points for sure.

Towards the end he was locking up badly and I'm not sure if he made a mistake but I caught him too quickly under braking into turn five and made contact. I did stop to let him back on in front of me but he retired on the spot.

Sorry Andrew but i did'nt stop on the spot, i was able to reach the pit ( the car was undriveable ) but with only 2 laps to go and even more repairtime i quit...because of this 'contact' i will stay in server 2 and if i finished 2end i maybe had a chance to return to server 1 so yes i am dissapointed..

I had a decent race. Qualified 18th finished 12th.
Didn't really go anywhere in the first stint, stayed roughly were I qualified. I was slowly losing time, I could feel it. Having to brake earlier, especially into the hairpin. Eventually @Paul Joseph got ahead of me, I stayed with him for a lap but wasn't happy with my pace. So I decided to pit, I think I may have been one of the first, it was an early stop. I took right hand side tyres and fuel.
I figured i'd get out, do some fast laps to build a gap and then slow it down to save the tyres for the end of the race. It worked quite nicely, at one point I was as high as 10th, as you would expect my pace died off towards the end, causing me to lose 2 positions and I came under pressure from @Frank on the last couple of laps. Luckily held on until the end.

I'm relatively happy to have finished 12th, in a league with such a strong field I don't think I could have managed much higher.

Just want to apologise for the lesser quality broadcast from me for this round guys, the internet I use decided the worst time to lose connection :(. Also just for the actual commentary from me, thought it wasn't my best work if I'm honest.

Just want to apologise for the lesser quality broadcast from me for this round guys, the internet I use decided the worst time to lose connection :(. Also just for the actual commentary from me, thought it wasn't my best work if I'm honest.
I don't agree with this at all, but I respect you being hard on yourself and wanting to improve!

Thanks guys, really appreciate the praise :) (even if I don't see it in my commentary work myself). Doing comms on this series is one of the few things I'm really enjoying doing in my life at the moment, hence why I have such a high standard I want to meet.

I think it was pretty damned good. Sure, want to improve, but don't be too harsh on yourself. I've heard 'professional' commentary (say, on Eurosport) that didn't come close to the standard of yours, and I mean that, not just saying it.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the praise :) (even if I don't see it in my commentary work myself). Doing comms on this series is one of the few things I'm really enjoying doing in my life at the moment, hence why I have such a high standard I want to meet.

I've never raced in a league before so had no idea the broadcast side of things would be so professional. You and your team are doing a superb job. The odd tech problem is to be expected so don't worry about it.:)

As @Nox just mentioned I've heard some less than perfect commentators on Sky Sports doing motorsport, the best one was the poor guy who didn't seem to know the names of the drivers so the whole race was "number 5 is passing number 6, number 10 has just set the fastest lap, here's number 1 he's the current champion.....here's the leader, he's in front and the guy behind is in second". Didn't watch that one for long....:laugh:

Big thanks guys, it's very much appreciated :D. Especially at the moment, not really doing well at life so seeing all of this just makes it feel like I'm doing at least something that is important and appreciated.
It is appreciated by most of us I'm sure. I thought you'd been doing this for years as you sound extremely confident etc. Keep up the good work and when you eventually do start doing well at life, let us know the secret and don't forget us. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes