VSCC S3 | General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
PreQ system works very well in a huge brazilian League, where we had tons of signs.
Basically we had a division A and B.
This is sorted by a PreQ system where every driver have to do 10 consecutive laps (12 in total, 10 valid ones), and their average speed is classified.
Top 25 or so go to division A, the rest race in the division B.
This is very good because drivers of similar skill levels have the chance to race together, making overall racing better.
Also is good because is not about hot lappers. Is about put a string of laps together, with consistency.
Is mandatory all drivers put a average time on the board.

Of course I think there are some programs that you can put in place that will catch up our average times and can be publish here.

yes that could work quite well.

@Nox any guess on how a preQ may work? A single hotlap, average lap like above, or a race of sorts? Will it still be at Brasilia? I am sure you love all the questions, but I am just curious especially since I have only done a few laps ever at Brasilia.

I haven't got a clue Ryan, it is still something I need to discuss with Bram. But don't worry, there's plenty of time :thumbsup:

I have some questions. Can you change or adjust setups after qualifying? I assume you can but noticed when doing a single race offline that after qualifying some parameters could not be changed. On a pit stop can you choose to fix damage or not to? How accurate is the lap estimation in gsce? If it says I have enough fuel in the v8 to go 40 laps is it very close or can it be off a lot depending on how it is driven? Also, what does request pit function do? I have done a pit stop with it and without, but didn't see the difference.

I have some questions. Can you change or adjust setups after qualifying? I assume you can but noticed when doing a single race offline that after qualifying some parameters could not be changed.
I don't set the server to have parc ferme, but indeed it seems the V8 setups get locked in after quali.
On a pit stop can you choose to fix damage or not to? How accurate is the lap estimation in gsce?
Yes you can; in your PLR file there is a line "Smart Pit Crew". Change this to 0 to manually have the option to repair damage or not. Otherwise, damage gets repaired automatically.
If it says I have enough fuel in the v8 to go 40 laps is it very close or can it be off a lot depending on how it is driven?
It is quite often off; I usually have to put less fuel in than the GSC counter says. I use rfdynhud for more accurate rates.
Also, what does request pit function do? I have done a pit stop with it and without, but didn't see the difference.
It gets your pit crew ready; not sure if it really makes much difference apart from bringing the pit lcd automatically up, and I am not sure if it saves you time in the stop.

Hope that helps

I was browsing over the rules again and thought the part on overtaking and defending was worth posting up as a friendly reminder for all of us. After all we want to keep the tears to a minimum I suppose!

RD league racing rules:
"6.3 Overtaking and defending
Passing an opponent is harder than it looks and often results in tears. Therefore RaceDepartment uses some basic rules to prevent accidents.
A) Overtaking means going past someone, not through him. Drivers are not allowed to push cars out of the way in order to overtake them. Though contact may not always be evitable, it may not act as the means to make the pass.
B) A driver can only attempt a pass when there is room for it and when the chance is reasonably high that it becomes successful, without heavy contact. On road courses this means that the overtaking car must be able to get a significant overlap with the defending car before they get to the turn-in point of a corner. On ovals any bit of overlap is enough to claim space.
C) The defending driver is allowed to defend his position by changing lines once per straight. As soon as the overtaking car has overlap on the straight the defending driver can only use the width of the track between the overtaking car on the one side and the track boundary on the other side to move in, without applying physical force to widen it."

I haven't been able to keep up lately, is there any news on the qualifying track yet? Sorry if I missed something.:)

If we are allowed .PLR edits, are we allowed camera edits as well?

I'm poor and don't have triple screens. The default cockpit view in Stock Car Extreme, even after playing with the FOV and seat position, still puts single monitor users at a disadvantage. The seat is always too far back, and the front windshield takes up a whopping 10% of the screen, with the rest being the interior.

To rectify this in another league I've simply gone into the cockpitinfo.ini file and move the eyepoint forward (it's the third value). It makes a huge difference in terms of visibility for someone with a single monitor as you can both get a proper sense of speed and see more of the track in front of you, which is kind of important when racing around people. The default view is like driving with binoculars and judging depth is hard.

QV5lKe8.jpg

When I ran a club race to become eligible, I was able to run a practice session with my edited cockpit view, but upon gridding the view was reset by the server and the driver eyes felt as if they were in the backseat, which was disorienting.

If we are allowed player.ini edits, will we be allowed cockpit view edits like the one above as well? Neither provide a competitive advantage and are only based on user preference.

@Austin Ogonoski I have no way to check what each player has done to their .ini files, so it isn't something I can police or make a decision on. I won't be making any changes to the server, so if as you say you go to the race and the view is reset, that's just how it will be.

@Austin Ogonoski I have no way to check what each player has done to their .ini files, so it isn't something I can police or make a decision on. I won't be making any changes to the server, so if as you say you go to the race and the view is reset, that's just how it will be.

There's a guide here that explains how to check for mismatches and it's literally just changing one number on the server end.

http://rec.autos.simulators.narkive.com/5GeJFRpx/enabling-rfactor-online-mismatches

Darryl's response shows how to enable the server to check for mismatches. Obviously GDB and physics are the files someone could edit to gain an extreme performance advantage, so you could set the server to auto-kick when a mismatch is detected with those files.

The cockpitinfo.ini file does not relate to physics and/or performance, it's basically just head wobble and driver eyes positioning.

Mismatches are already detected as far as I know. at least with .gdb files. Anyone caught cheating will see their premium status taken away and a permanent league ban imposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%