VR Wide Screen Problem On Monitor Screen

Hi, I bought Vive for playing AC in VR, but I have an issue. As you can see the screen is so wide on my monitor. Even if I jump in to the cockpit I have same issue. In VR I don't have any issue but on my monitor screen my fov is so wide. I try so many things to fix this but I failed.

I want to my monitor screen like this:

Can anyone help me about that?

Attachments

• IMG_20220224_234429.jpg
    IMG_20220224_234429.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Does it matter what's displaying on your monitor when youre in VR?

Probably what's happening is in VR it's not running at a ultra wide resolution so it's stretching it in your monitor. Only thing I'd guess is turn Fullscreen off in the game settings so it runs in window mode

From what I recall there was a change in steamvr that caused this. I use a Vive Pro and for the past 3yrs up until a few months back my display on the monitor was fine, but an update somewhere changed it to the stretched look.

Hi, I bought Vive for playing AC in VR, but I have an issue. As you can see the screen is so wide on my monitor. Even if I jump in to the cockpit I have same issue. In VR I don't have any issue but on my monitor screen my fov is so wide. I try so many things to fix this but I failed.

I want to my monitor screen like this:

Can anyone help me about that?
Did you ever find out what caused this? as I have just messed up my settings and my monitor view is all stretched wide now (fine in my headset) and I can't get it back to how it was

Last edited:
Did you ever find out what caused this? as I have just messed up my settings and my monitor view is all stretched wide now (fine in my headset) and I can't get it back to how it was
Yeah I figured it out with streamlabs obs software, you can capture games with, Sources>General Sources> OpenVR Capture so you can record what you see in headset.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.