VR versus triple-screen for Assetto Corsa

I have a triple-screen setup. It's great.

I've never tried VR. I'd like to read opinions from those who have experienced both to understand how the two options compare.

The downside of VR, I understand, is the screendoor effect. That's about the extent of my knowledge. I'm thinking fps may be better in VR.

(Sorry for my english, its not my native language)

What i mean is after a couple of hours of playing with a motion cockpit, your body adjust and know this isnt real ;) if you understand what i mean. I suppose its the same as going in the same roller coaster again and again, after a while, you dont have the same sensation??! i'm sure that feeling will come back with a VR headset and i'm curious about it. ONe thing is sure, i can't play a racing game anymore without a motion cockpit!!

Same thing happened with me in VR. The first couple weeks I could literally feel butterflies in my stomach any time I went over a crest but I never feel that anymore because I've adapted to it all.

Same thing happened with me in VR. The first couple weeks I could literally feel butterflies in my stomach any time I went over a crest but I never feel that anymore because I've adapted to it all.

You did explain it better than i could ;) it was exactly that with the motion cockpit but of course, if i start a racing game without it, that doenst work, i just can't . I suppose its the same thing with the VR minus the butterfly :)

English is not my first language either, no worries.:)
Interesting comment on the perception of g's getting less as you are getting accustomed to the movements of your cockpit motion rig. All I have is a butkicker with SRW software attached to my driving seat simulating suspension movements. All I can say is that the effect is much more convincing when in VR than when looking at the screen.
I am the same as you, I cannot drive in a SIM without VR and feel immersed anymore.
I am planning Motion as my next step.

Oh yeah, simvibe, another piece of hardware i can't play without it. I dont know if you play FPS game but if not, try it with a Buttkicker. I was not really in FPS game but since i have a buttkicker, its so much fun to feel the machine gun under you seat aha

:roflmao: Well, I'm not quite that bothered by it and I'm a lot more comfortable with tinkering than I was a few years ago, but I'd still prefer to not have to. I guess that's a result of racing on consoles for a decade. I'm not really an AI user either so that helps me to be able to crank things up a little higher but also kinda gives me false results since my settings likely won't work well under all conditions (i.e. with 20 AI cars on the grid).

Steam has just released a new beta feature though that checks out your GPU and then automatically sets VR games to the best resolution and SS you can achieve with your hardware so that sounds like it will kind of do what you described. Not sure if it adjust other things like AA, world quality, craptacular rays, etc. though.
Is the steamvr "auto scan for VE" thing only for thosed who opt into the beta?
Cheers

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea