VR problem

gearwhine

Premium
After buying rfactor 2 a couple of years ago it just sat on my hard drive doing nothing because i found the UI impossible to deal with and so continued with my faithful AC which is great with all the bells and whistles running. However, i fired it up the other day and discovered a now user-friendly UI which i see as a game changer for me. So, ok i get it, i understand users views on tyre model and feedback making you feel more connected to the car and am trying to learn my way around the system. I now also only use VR which presents me with my issue which i am hoping can be fixed by someone with VR and understands my issue. How the heck does one lock to horizon in the graphics or camera section? I have found the camera shake slider which is supposed to stop movement but found it useless. Every sim out there gives an option to lock to horizon so i am hoping i am missing something simple. For me, and most VR owners it is hugely important as although a few people will educate me and tell me i am wrong, the last time i looked the earth was about the only thing i could rely on to stay still with everything not bolted down moving around. Anyway, would love to see a fix so that i can get to know this sim.

Thanks for the reply. Stabilise horizon is up to the max and does not work as it should. If that is the official fix for it then they need to try again. Was hoping i may of missed something.
I’m more on monitor these days but I believe it’s supposed to be at low for vr. I can check my settings later but iv never had a problem with the horizon moving around?

I have tried it both ways. makes very little difference from what i can see. I will have another play around with the settings and see what i can do. Done some research on this and it does appear to be an issue on this sim with VR. Shame as i would like to get to know it better. Also reading that many users get frustrated with the sim and its development. A bit like it is a deeply flawed masterpiece it seems.

Yeah I’ll double check mine for u after work tonight. In regards to rf2 and your description, yeah that’s it, the ai USED to be the best (u can edit jsons to improve them and always also let them practice or qualify to work out their race pace etc). The graphics are good but don’t shine in vr esp at newer tracks. Multi player is an absolute brain melter with all the downloads of mods that I don’t want. But the ffb, nothing beats it, and once used to it u won’t want to race anywhere else even if it’s just hot lapping it is an experience compared to the rest. If your pc can handle it, set the time to sunset and go to Sebring. What a sight and place to hot lap on your own as the sun sets.

Edit to add as a vr user u should really join the rf2 discord where we all help each other daily, good bunch of guys too

Last edited:
Thank you for your advice. I think it is the ffb that does stand out head and shoulders above the rest. Sunsets are nice in AC as well as i guess they are in most sims capable of pulling it off but i will try out your recommended combo and discord sounds like a good idea. Cheers

I have stabilize horizon at low and all the physics movement things at 0 or off. It’s 2nd only to iracing in vr comfort for me. I also have adjusted settings to lock 98% or 99% to 90 fps.

I have stabilize horizon at low and all the physics movement things at 0 or off. It’s 2nd only to iracing in vr comfort for me. I also have adjusted settings to lock 98% or 99% to 90 fps.
Hi, i think i have dialed out everything i can find but it is a bit better if i stabilize horizon at high for me. Just cannot remove that feeling of the environment shaking around. FPS stuttering in VR does not affect me for some reason. Anyway, thank you for your advice.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.