VR Open Composite?

OZ67

OZ67
Premium
Has any one been able to Run VR with open composite and Open XR tool kit? F1 22 runs fine but not 23 any help please?

Only post on the internet I found about this...i'm trying to raise my headset resolution but it's blocked in the VR settings and from SteamVR settings no matter how high I raise it it will always be the same (greyed out in the in-game resolution settings to stock resolution)

I have HP Reverb v2 and 3080 GTX. F1 2022 was a nightmare and I could not get it to work frame rate was appalling, quite weird because it did work for a small period.
Before I buy this, if anyone has it working fine please let us know.

I have virtually the same set up as you (Reverb G2 and RTX 3080ti) and I can get F122 working really well using Open Conposite. The updates F122 dropped after the initial release helped a great deal. Im hoping we ger the same for F123. Open conposite (OpenXR) is the key to unlocking F123 for me..I'm back to playing AMS2, ACC and F122 until they figure it out!!!

https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/-/issues/372
Here's the gitlab link/ticket, hopefully this gets resolved soon...
5 months later now. Too bad it still is not fixed.
On the OpenComposite discord I was told that nobody of the (few) OC-devs is working on it.
Looks like it's an issue with Direct3D12 and it might never be solved.
That's a bummer as the F1 23 VR mode looked really promising however even with a 4090 it's not really usable through SteamVR. (Using a Varjo Aero here)
:(

Last edited:
I've downloaded it today for free to test and I'm able to play it in VR (3080 and quest 2 here), low seetings and TAA + Fidelity FX (idk the name exactly).

The weird thing though is that after 10 or 15 min my mouse and keyboard stops working, like when I need to alt tab or whatever. And there is nothing I can do to bring it back, it happened every time I played today. Idk if this is a steam vr bug or f1 23.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

I've downloaded it today for free to test and I'm able to play it in VR (3080 and quest 2 here), low seetings and TAA + Fidelity FX (idk the name exactly).

The weird thing though is that after 10 or 15 min my mouse and keyboard stops working, like when I need to alt tab or whatever. And there is nothing I can do to bring it back, it happened every time I played today. Idk if this is a steam vr bug or f1 23.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
Must admit I all but gave up on this, however, if you upload the DLL file your using, Ill try and use the same one and see if I get the same results

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 80 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.5%