vr frame cap question

I'm trying to play assetto corsa on content manager, my settings are optimal for my setup (used settings for a 3080 as per youtube user), I have a 4070ti 3950x oculus quest 2, my other games run fine at 90 fps on vr with 40% headroom (dirt 2.0 automobilista 2), the original assetto corsa runs at 90 fps with +-40% headroom on vr.. my monitor is 75hz, I've tried everything in terms of uncapping the fps in content manager and making sure its rendering on steam vr or oculus vr, yet when i enter the game its capped to 75 fps with a stuttering negative performance headroom because of this hard cap, altho before it used to run at 90fps again with plenty of headroom (didn't play it for a while) while my other games and the original assetto corsa are manually capped to 90fps. Does anyone have an idea of how to uncap my fps in vr in content manager, i've tried the unlimit frames option and it changes nothing for vr?

That's a strange one. Even setting the refresh rate to 60hz for me doesn't change what my Valve Index is outputting, only what happens on the mirrored view on my screen.

Are you using Virtual Desktop? I understand some people use that for wireless gaming with the Quest 2. I would assume Virtual Desktop is capped to whatever refresh rate your monitor is.

If that is the case you may be able to buy yourself a headless HDMI dongle that supports higher refresh rates and use that as a virtual monitor for VR. They're pretty useful things to have for VR in general as Windows doesn't support virtual screens and sometimes its nice to have floating windows in your game world that aren't fighting for monitor real estate.

Last edited:
Reading your original post again, as other games and default AC seem to work, here are my settings that don't exhibit this behaviour:
vr_refresh_001.png

Attachments

• vr_refresh_002.png
    vr_refresh_002.png
    267.5 KB · Views: 130
Reading your original post again, as other games and default AC seem to work, here are my settings that don't exhibit this behaviour:
View attachment 656994
tx for the reply, I've just discovered a few mins ago that if i switch off post filters ie sol then i get a flat 90 fps with about 60% headroom, altho I haven't tried it yet I think the version of sol im using is old, because it also makes the screen appear dark until i manually reset it in game, I'll try installing a new sol which should allow me to utilize all that extra headroom for eye candy.. I'd tried a newer version of content manager and nothing had changed without realizing it may be the sol im using which I hadn't updated separately, hope this helps anyone else who may have a similar issue.. Cheers Capn Beardface..

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 2 5.1%