AC VOTE NOW FOR TRACK OF THE MONTH: January 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Love that track, unfortunately it is a rip from Project Cars so may be banned?
I emailed the Reboot team a couple of years ago.
Basically they replied that if one of 'their' tracks wasn't on RD then it probably wasn't legal due to copyright issues.
Generally the Reboot Team do not create tracks from scratch, they were/are just fixing and improving old abandoned projects or converting tracks from other simulators. In most cases these tracks were converted without author's approval (author not reachable, not known or the track was ripped from other games before Reboot got to it).

I emailed the Reboot team a couple of years ago.
Basically they replied that if one of 'their' tracks wasn't on RD then it probably wasn't legal due to copyright issues.
Generally the Reboot Team do not create tracks from scratch, they were/are just fixing and improving old abandoned projects or converting tracks from other simulators. In most cases these tracks were converted without author's approval (author not reachable, not known or the track was ripped from other games before Reboot got to it).
Hmm. Their tracks are downloadable on a lot of public sites and are also in Breathe's list.
If a creator has problems with their actions, I would think he would have taken legal steps.

And Breathe has it's own policy about legality of the tracks he published. All ACTK tracks are now removed from his list.

But I expect the RD policy is to go on the save side and we're not allowed to use a track if we aren't sure it's legal.

I agree Han, legal action is very expensive especially where there is ambiguity.
The only winners are the lawyers so it is best to play it safe.

Interestingly though when we trialled WSS several tracks and cars were popping up that don’t appear on RD but that could have been a factor in it not being used long term.

I hear you on Nordschleife, it´s a great track ( and a great sim track, too :cool:)

But I feel it does not make for good racing when there are less than 120 cars a. la. NLS/VLN.

It will get lonely fast.

We did a Sabine Schmitz Memorial Run there with Transits, that was a cool event but a dull race.

And the Suzukis will die of overrevs on the faster parts :roflmao:

OK. It's a tie between Brannochbrae and the Nordschleife and in that case I will decide.

Although Brannochbrae is a magnificent track, Track of the Month is intended for favorite circuits that we have visited before so I choose the Nordschleife.

Brannochbrae will come somewhere in the future on a regular Wednesday event.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.3%