AC VOTE NOW FOR TRACK OF THE MONTH: February 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I have had a look at the Pascalwb Zolder track with a view to using it for some Thursday racing. But there does seem to be a problem with the grass.
I think Reik uses vanilla AC and not CM, as despite turning off the grass FX the grass appears as a mirror reflecting the sky and I can't find a fix. The posts about the Mod also point this fault out and apparently the mod was created before CM existed and is fine in the standard AC.
Shame as the Zolder track does provide some close racing, there is another version but unfortunately this is not on RD.
Lol, you can call me the using-no-CM-test-group so far.

I have had a look at the Pascalwb Zolder track with a view to using it for some Thursday racing. But there does seem to be a problem with the grass.
I think Reik uses vanilla AC and not CM, as despite turning off the grass FX the grass appears as a mirror reflecting the sky and I can't find a fix. The posts about the Mod also point this fault out and apparently the mod was created before CM existed and is fine in the standard AC.
Shame as the Zolder track does provide some close racing, there is another version but unfortunately this is not on RD.
Had the same problem with Salzburgring, the gravel traps reflecting the sky.
It literally "threw me off" :sick:

Ok. It's a tie now and following the rules I will decide for Zolder unless the votes again change.
There's a Zolder 67 and a 2017 layout available on RaceDepartment. I haven't tested them yet.

Zolder is perfect for the stupid little Suzuki. No, that's not a vote change
Because of the long middle speed corners? As I remember (from ACC long ago) there are also quit some long straight parts, aren't there?

Last edited:
Guys,

I've tested the 1967 and the 2017 layouts being the ones available on RaceDepartment.
The 2017 is not good as the modder says himself. The version of the Reboot team is much better but not on RaceDepartment.

So if the voting stays this way, it will be the 1967 layout of Zolder which doesn't have the chicanes of the 2017. I expect that the Suzuki will suffer from lack of top speed but the Abarth and Mazda will probably have equal performance.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.