VNM Shifter

stigs2cousin

Premium
Hello everybody,

for about a month now I have the VNM Shifter V2 on my rig and here are my first impressions:

I like the optics and function as a H-pattern shifter.

It can be adjusted quite firm so that it gives a lot of resistance to the shift which feels quite good when "shifting in anger"

The shifter knobs can be switched quite easiely with the quick change nut.

Mounting is quite easy with two bolts ( I don´t use any clamps from VNM)

The sequential shift function feels good and "clicky" (V2!!)

Not so nice:

though the transformation from H-pattern to sequential is done fast and easy, there are better and faster switching solutions out there ( and for the VNM you need a tool)

As it is mounted on my rig the hole for the "shift force adjustment" is covered by a profile.
If the force is adjusted for H-pattern as I like it the sequential shift gets "stuck" at the end of the stroke. No problem to adjust that when switching patters ( if the hole is not covered by a profile)

Thats why for racing I still use my HSV Sequential Shifter (which also is closer to the steering wheel) though the VNM feels much better and "clickier".

the RGB on the front is a matter of taste, I personally don´t like it.

What I hate:

the software "solution"

I consider myself "mechanically gifted" and got my first gaming PC only because the PS4 doesn´t do mods and triple screens.
I´d say I learned a lot in the last two years and have done all installations and setup of my PC myself. (Including a DD wheel and Simhub Dash Studio and Shake It)

The VNM software has to be downloaded on Github and installed with the help of another installer program. I tried the VNM tutorials on Youtube and didn´t understand a word literally and figuratively ( my nativ tongue is not English)
So in the end I just covered the light instead of disabling it in the configuration software.

To be clear, the shifter "ran out of the box" and spare one hickup on the first drive where a crash ( of the car) disabled the shifter until restart of the PC it has worked flawlessly.

All in all I really like this shifter for cruises with H-pattern cars and would buy it again.
If there would be a "one download and run it" software I´d rate it even higher.

MFG Carsten

Hi,
I now have this shifter, the software is much better now and downloaded direct from the VNM site, mounting for me was fine just had to drill some holes in my clubsport shifter mount and all is good, I don't use it in the SQ mode I have the thurstmsater sparco for that, I got the VHM shifter as my clubsport shifter had the odd miss selection issue and I had no confidence when using it.

For me the side to side needs to have adjustment also as it is quite loose but some guy on youtube added some springs and this makes everything awesome

Im happy with it

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea