Visual and audible rattling of car parts

Something I think can boost the immersion of Assetto Corsa 2 would be to incorporate car parts rattling whenever a car drives over a bump/uneven surface. I believe games like Forza Motorsport 7 has this, but AFAIK Assetto Corsa does not.

Parts like mirrors would shake ever so slightly, interior components would rattle and squeak, all comparable to how parts would behave in real life. I would say to also file flexible wings under this, but I believe some cars for AC already achieve this (VRC Formula Alpha comes to mind).

I know not everyone would agree with my suggestion. Visually moving parts would require better hardware to render smoothly, and audible squeaks and rattles could get annoying. So hopefully if Kunos does implement rattling parts for AC2, that they also add an option to disable it. :giggle:

Vanilla AC already has visual shaking parts, for example you can make a shaking exhaust. With configs you can also make wipers shake at high speeds. If you need the sound, there are suspension sounds when you take bumps, those can also be changed if you want. In some cars you can hear a bit of squeak too, for example the Alfa 33 stradale has the suspensions a bit squeaky, if I recall correctly. But why should your car make rattling sounds? Does it mean it's destroyed?

Last edited:
Vanilla AC already has visual shaking parts, for example you can make a shaking exhaust. With configs you can also make wipers shake at high speeds. If you need the sound, there are suspension sounds when you take bumps, those can also be changed if you want. In some cars you can hear a bit of squeak too, for example the Alfa 33 stradale has the suspensions a bit squeaky, if I recall correctly. But why should your car make rattling sounds? Does it mean it's destroyed?
I had no clue that wipers could be adjusted for shaking. I knew exhaust pipes shook in AC, but maybe I should've brought that up in my original post. To answer the question about why a car would rattle, I did have wear/damage in mind. Not every car is going to have rattling sounds (mainly old cars since they have no interior insulation to tune said sounds out).

I figured it was a good idea but judging by the vote count and this reply, maybe it's not as good as I thought it out to be. I guess I learned something too with the wipers and the Alfa suspension sound. Thank you for the insight! :thumbsup:

It's not a bad idea considering damage, it's just that it wasn't very clear in the first message, and you weren't aware of some features in AC. That happens also to experienced people, as there's always something new you didn't know before when learning the features of any software. I don't blame you for this, so don't worry ;)
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back