Virtua_LM's Mid Ohio for AMS

Tracks Virtua_LM's Mid Ohio for AMS v0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
MJQT submitted a new resource:

Virtua_LM's Mid Ohio for AMS - The famous Mid Ohio mod by Virtua_LM converted and upgraded for AMS

The legendary version of Mid Ohio by Virtua_LM from the original rFactor converted and upgraded for Automobilista!

3 layouts included:
  • Mid Ohio No Chicane
  • Mid Ohio Chicane
  • Mid Ohio Miller Time 200 (banners from the 1998 CART race)
This conversion is authorized by MonSum from Virtua_LM. Thank you very much to Virtua_LM for the original track for rFactor 1, and for the generous permission allowing this to be ported to AMS and upgraded by myself and others in the...

Read more about this resource...

@WALEAD99 I'll reply to your question about GSC here in the Discussion tab.

Now that it has AMS skies, the track won't work in Game Stock Car. But what almost certainly works, though, is using the original rFactor version and converting it to GSC format using rfactortools. You can follow the process I outlined here -- should work for GSC too. I don't have GSC to test, and I actually don't have explicit permission to release it for Game Stock Car from Virtua_LM, but you can do it for private use only. If you'd like to release it for GSC, you could also ask Virtua_LM using the contact email on their website (it is still monitored from time to time).

A post to list the various aspects of the track that remain to be improved as of version 0.1. and ideas on how the changes could be made.
  • Current-day textures, ad banners, trackside objects
    • Could be a part of a new layout like Miller Lite 200
    • Or could be released as a stand-alone add-on pack too (see this, this, and this)
  • AMS components and features
    • AMS objects e.g. spectators
    • AMS shaders
    • Non-visual dynamic track
    • Visual marbles (the secrets of which are now unlocked, thanks to Martin Lacina's work)
  • Detailed road mesh, ideally near the quality of stock AMS tracks
  • AI fast lines (using this tool)
    • Especially the "Chicane" layout
    • "No Chicane", "Miller Lite" layouts: complex after the back straight and the Carousel
  • Formation lap issues
    • Speed too high
    • Lines are a little weird
      • Unsure how to fix. By adjusting left, right paths?
    • Rolling start 'teleport' positions after skipping the formation lap are wrong
    • Wave green flag on back straight for CART layout (as is historically accurate)
  • Track limits (e.g. inside kerb at first corner -- thanks to polo199)

Last edited:
I can take care of the aiw; I started today with the 'chicane' layout. When it's ready, do i attach the file here?
Fantastic! :thumbsup: Thanks so much for taking this on. :) I think the easiest thing to do would be to post the AIW fix as a separate resource in the "AMS Misc" section and then link it in a post on this thread.

Fantastic! :thumbsup: Thanks so much for taking this on. :) I think the easiest thing to do would be to post the AIW fix as a separate resource in the "AMS Misc" section and then link it in a post on this thread.
Ok, i will make a post when aiw is ready. In the meantime, here is a video of the progress so far (didn't have CART installed, so i used Formula Classic):

It is amazing the quality of work the original guys at VLM did in creating this track.
It is still one of my favorite tracks in simracing.
Those guys did such a good job, that it still stands out...even today.
There is nothing like getting a good clean lap around this circuit.
Thanks for migrating it to another sim.

The file path should be:
Automobilista\GameData\Locations\Virtua_LM_MidOhio

EDIT: and you don't need to move anything around within the Virtua_LM_MidOhio folder... you can just leave it as is.

Last edited:
MJQT updated Virtua_LM's Mid Ohio for AMS with a new update entry:

Added AMS standard grip, bumps, non-visual dynamic track

This update for the AMS conversion of VLM's Mid Ohio mod adds standard AMS track grip levels and bumps, as well as Reiza non-visual dynamic track features. All were implemented by copying the relevant values from Caruaru's TDF file to the three TDF files in the VLM mod.

Thanks to Sergiolo and the helpful people in the AMS Unofficial Discord (e.g. Matthew Sibayoni, Niels Heusinkveld) for the information about these AMS features.

This is my first time attempting to implement these features...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello MJQT. I have updated to version v 0.3, updating the asphalt respecting the original images...
I have sent you the download link by PM.
Take a look, and if you want add it to the downloads.
Greetings MJQT and continue modeling for this simulator that is still worth working for, BYE BYE.

GRAB_003.JPG
GRAB_006.JPG

Last edited:
Hello MJQT. I have updated to version v 0.3, updating the asphalt respecting the original images...
I have sent you the download link by PM.
Take a look, and if you want add it to the downloads.
Greetings MJQT and continue modeling for this simulator that is still worth working for, BYE BYE.

View attachment 605605View attachment 605606
This looks fantastic, thank you! And thanks for the PM :)

I will try it out ASAP and most likely will add it to a future update. Maybe v0.3x versions will be devoted to upgrading textures? ;)

Updates from Sergiolo will be added to a new version coming soon. I promise. ;)

Also, a note to myself to figure out how to make the haybales on the side of the road movable. So that they aren't as if they were made of concrete.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back