Vintage balloon designs (and an insertion config) for older tracks

Tracks Vintage balloon designs (and an insertion config) for older tracks 05.03.2020

Login or Register an account to download this content
Mascot submitted a new resource:

Vintage balloon designs (and an insertion config) for older tracks - This will add a bunch of vintage balloons to the track of your choice

This will add 18 original vintage balloon designs to your ...content\objects3D folder so that you can easily add them to any track using the included config without having to add the actual balloon kn5 models to the track folder, thus simplifying matters and saving HD space by not duplicating balloon models across several track folders. Thanks to @Sliderman for the idea and for the config path.

Each of the 18 balloons has a 25% chance of appearing every time you load the...

Read more about this resource...

I just saw your note at the bottom about doing this for the other balloons, I was about to ask you if that's possible. Do you just have to add the balloon models to the object_fx folder and then make a new config file with all the dynamic objects or can I use the existing config file?

Great job! On top of the already improved SOL and CSP skies we now can also enjoy the view with balloons.

Quick run Spa66 to test if I installed it right immediately. Yes!! Easy install procedure. Thanks!

Nice, you got lucky with the placement of your balloons as mine were so high up I couldn't see the logos on em. The joys of randomness lol

I just saw your note at the bottom about doing this for the other balloons, I was about to ask you if that's possible. Do you just have to add the balloon models to the object_fx folder and then make a new config file with all the dynamic objects or can I use the existing config file?
I put a standard balloon folder (empty) in the download - check the path. Dump any balloon kn5 in there then adjust the paths in the config accordingly so that it points to the standard balloon folder and the balloon kn5.

What coordinates does the CSP debug app show when on the start line?
No idea lol. I actually haven't used that before so sorry for being dumb, but where do I find that.

Edit just installed this so hang on a mo

Apologies for another video. Being enthusiastic

Feldbergring WITH balloons. Had to rename the objects as described as @Fat-Alfie already added birds and other 'stuff' in the sky. Easy procedure but dont forget an underscore (as I did initially....). Man this is so gorgeous!! Thanks

If you want, for large tracks (Nurburgring, Le Mans, Fonteny etc) you can increase the random range that the balloons occupy so they are more spread out, and increase the chance of them appearing from 25% to 100% so that all of the balloons will appear.

What coordinates does the CSP debug app show when on the start line?

Finally got round to doing this lol. Here's the coordinates

WORLD_POSITION=-1660.3646, -1382.3135, -87.5481
ORIENTATION=0.7505, 0.0208, -0.6607
xyz-diff=-0.0001, 0.0, -0.0005
dist2last=0.0005099019513592785
currPoT=0.999995

@Mascot They look amazing at Spa66 so it is just a nords67 problem. I've tried adjusting all sorts of things in the config and nothing really seems to bring them closer to the other than making the balloons vanish :whistling:
I'll keep trying different things...did those coords help you figure anything out?

@Mascot They look amazing at Spa66 so it is just a nords67 problem. I've tried adjusting all sorts of things in the config and nothing really seems to bring them closer to the other than making the balloons vanish :whistling:
I'll keep trying different things...did those coords help you figure anything out?
You're using a different debug app to me so no idea what those figures represent but I'll try it myself and see what the problem is. I'm guessing the track datum might be the reason, but Nords is a huge track and the config default is for 'normal' tracks so the balloons might be on the other side of the circuit to the start. If you increase the probability and random range of each balloon you'll get more and they'll be distributed around the track. Did you [F7, page down] to get under the track and see if they were below you?

^^ also, there are 12 layouts for Nords '67 and 12 different models.ini. Are you sure you put the balloon config in the one that you are actually driving? You'll need to add the config to every models.ini that you want the balloons on.

You're using a different debug app to me so no idea what those figures represent but I'll try it myself and see what the problem is. I'm guessing the track datum might be the reason, but Nords is a huge track and the config default is for 'normal' tracks so the balloons might be on the other side of the circuit to the start. If you increase the probability and random range of each balloon you'll get more and they'll be distributed around the track. Did you [F7, page down] to get under the track and see if they were below you?

Where do I find the normal Debug app and I'll just use that instead if it's easier for you to decipher.

To be fair Nords is the only track it has done it on so far so it does indeed sound like it's simply down to the size of the track, but I will try and mess with the range figures and see what happens. When you say increase the range do you mean something like this?
"RND_POS_RANGE=1000,100,1000" or different numbers like this "RND_POS_RANGE=500,100,1000"

I didn't f7 to go under the track but will give that a go as well when I next boot up AC.

^^ also, there are 12 layouts for Nords '67 and 12 different models.ini. Are you sure you put the balloon config in the one that you are actually driving? You'll need to add the config to every models.ini that you want the balloons on.
Knowing my dumbass brain that's exactly the sort of thing I would have done, but that was the first thing I double checked lol.
I did see the balloons but they were literally tiny dots in the sky :cry:

Knowing my dumbass brain that's exactly the sort of thing I would have done, but that was the first thing I double checked lol.
I did see the balloons but they were literally tiny dots in the sky :cry:
I just checked the gesamtstrecke layout at Nords '67 and...
Screenshot_alfa_romeo_giulietta_spider_tcl_nurburgring1967_6-3-120-16-23-34.jpg

...it is indeed 1,400m below the normal datum (the middle number in the 'Cam' location, which is the 'Y' coordinate for height, in this case negative so 'below ground'), so the balloons are around 1.4km higher than they should be. No wonder they look like little dots. No idea why the track datum is like this, but it does play havoc with adding models unless you are careful. Take 1400 away from the default balloon height in the config and use that number (250 - 1400 = -1150).
ie for Nords '67
RND_POS_CENTER=0,-1150,0

I just checked the gesamtstrecke layout at Nords '67 and...
View attachment 353819
...it is indeed 1,400m below the normal datum (the middle number in the 'Cam' location, which is the 'Y' coordinate for height, in this case negative so 'below ground'), so the balloons are around 1.4km higher than they should be. No wonder they look like little dots. No idea why the track datum is like this, but it does play havoc with adding models unless you are careful. Take 1400 away from the default balloon height in the config and use that number (250 - 1400 = -1150).
ie for Nords '67
RND_POS_CENTER=0,-1150,0

Thank you for taking time out to work all this out for me dude...much appreciated :thumbsup:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 2.9%