(Very) low sound level in replays.

I don't watch replays that much, only sometimes to see my driving line in a particular corner.
But lately (or I have missed it before ?) there is hardly any sound to hear in replays, no matter what car or track, vanilla or mods.
When the car is really close, I hear the engine, but even then it is really faint. On the other hand I can hear environment sound (birds e.g.) louder than the engine.
I have played around with the sound levels, but it does not change anything in the replays.
It is rather weird. Is there a way to improve it ?
While driving, there is no issue, sounds are good.

Sounds like you are missing external car sounds? You could try a steam integrity check but that might break some mod sounds while fixing others :/
Thanks for thinking along. :thumbsup:
That came to my mind too, but no, I have tried the different driving cams and the sounds are all there.
I'm a bit reluctant to perform the file integrity check. It'll cost me a lot of time to delete a lot of street cars and an even bigger amount of skins.
Just had to do it after a PC crash (failed Win10 update).:whistling:

I'm a bit reluctant to perform the file integrity check. It'll cost me a lot of time to delete a lot of street cars and an even bigger amount of skins.

Why would you need to delete files for a file integrity check? The steam integrated file integrity check usually only checks files which are shipped with the application. No other files should be touched by it.

I have the important mods activated with JSGME software. Since that can often be overwritten with a steam integrity check, once the check is over, I just disable and enable again the mods so I don't have to copy all of them manually again. It could save you some hassle in future once you set it up. I find myself doing the integrity check more times than I'd like.

OK, finally found the "solution"...
Since I also lost the radio voice in AMS, I figured there could be another issue. Turned out an audio cable of the center speaker from the Logitech Z906 surround set had come loose ... LOL...
It strangely affected only the replay sound in AC.
All is well now, nor need for a integrity check...:geek:

Thanks for the help guys.:thumbsup:

HAHA - what a relief. I just went through the same thing and your reply saved me. I spent most of the night last night going through every setting in CM. Then I checked windows. Turns out if I just checked my speaker connections or ran my Xonar software I would have figured it out. I was dreading that I had clicked "Replace All" when downloading a car or track that altered all of my audio settings some how and was staring down a full re-install. (Or just dealing with bad playback in replays since I usually just use replay to figure out who put me on the beach. Spoiler: usually it was me).

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 8.2%