Cars Vanishing Window Wiper Animation. Help!

So I've been following this tutorial (listed bellow) to animate my wipers.
The problem is, in the game it only animates the first empty (WIPER_1) & the object that's parented to it (WIPE_1)

Everything else just vanishes when the animation is played in game or Ks Editor.

Sometimes in Ks Editor I can get the wipers to show up but they will be flipped upside down & the animation will be distorted.

wipe.png

The only difference I can get for example is if I don't animate "WIPER_2" & WIPER_3" then the objects don't vanish and move along the same path as "WIPER_1"

I've used the Blender ksanim plug-in but I still get the same result. Vanishing parts.

It's almost like it doesn't want to animate anything that is listed under an empty.

I know I must be doing something wrong but what?
I've followed this tutorial over and over for the past 2 days and it's driving me nuts.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as empty objects that setup should be fine, if you have the wrong parent transformations they might twist weirdly as they rotate but they shouldn't be completely vanishing. My empty setup is like
WIPER_FRONT_NA -> not animated, placed at the root of the wiper so that the rotations are simple (ie. its Z axis is the one the motor spins on)
> WIPER_FRONT_A1 -> empty for animated base arm
>> Front_Wiper -> mesh
>> WIPER_FRONT_A2 -> empty for animated blade so it can match the contour of the windshield
>>> Wiper_Blade -> mesh

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 106 68.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 26.6%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 20.1%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 21.4%