rF2 v8's @ Eastern creek, 16th June 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, haven't ever driven a car that was so annoying to drive..
But I would participate for sure, because more drivers = more fun..
And maybe I'll actually learn how to conquer these bastards..

I've managed a 1.37.9 easily another 1 second off that is possible when I get it right. I've come to conclusion i've got to keep in mind that what is at the front of these cars is a big lump of an engine. Lower tyre pressures did seem to give me more grip though.

To anyone reading this I would advise you at least have a go before you turn up to the event or have a very irritating practice.

Well, bought rFactor, installed mod and at least got a round without spinning around with 1:45 - might be funny so please sign me in for this ice speedway event. I hope i can get through 20 rounds in one piece :)

• Sol Leung

Another rf event, looks fun! I'm in!

Time to tame the V8 beast!! :circuitzolder:

I've managed a 1.37.9 easily another 1 second off that is possible when I get it right. I've come to conclusion i've got to keep in mind that what is at the front of these cars is a big lump of an engine. Lower tyre pressures did seem to give me more grip though.

To anyone reading this I would advise you at least have a go before you turn up to the event or have a very irritating practice.

My my, I had my first serious attempt at this one today and I can only echo Simon's comments. It took me ages to complete anything like a clean lap and that was a 1.39.0 sec lap. This event could be insane. :ambulance::brancard:
If these cars are really as difficult as this to drive I have huge respect for the real life drivers.

Craig Lowndes would have been horrified watching me trying to control his virtual 888 Ford. :o:o:o

I did some first testing last night and I think it took me 15 laps before I could run a full lap without spinning or going off. This is cars on steroids and you really have to be gentle on the throttle. Sadly I cant join you for the race.
(Are there any cars with the stearing wheel on the more familiar left side?)

• Roman Liebich

1:38.002 so far and FINALLY beggining to actually drive the car..:)
I think I can get to low 1:37 and maybe with some more stup tweaking.. who knows
Basically you have to be very, very patient and after a lot of training the car starts to listen to you
Setup - I just lowered tire pressure at rear as well as track bar

Another rf event, looks fun! I'm in!

Time to tame the V8 beast!!
circuitzolder.gif

Hmmn! Just had another try at this one and I'm still hopeless (but can at least get round a few times without spinning or bogging it in the sand traps. )
Lap times are still 1.38.0.

I'll plod around the back and try to keep out of everyones way, but when you start lapping me, remember I won't have much control so be tolerant and careful.

I'm just using this event as my introduction to rF anyway, but I think I picked the wrong Mod to start with. :o I'm still trying to work out how things work in this game, and I'm having problems getting the G25 to feel any good .
Is it me, or does this game not save your controller settings when you exit. Every time I start the game, it is set to keyboard and I have to reselect my wheel. :confused::confused:

:o I'm still trying to work out how things work in this game, and I'm having problems getting the G25 to feel any good .
Is it me, or does this game not save your controller settings when you exit.

Mine saves - that does sound like the problem I had with GTL, but never had it with rFactor.

I can try sending you my G25 settings when I get in from work - let me know if you would like them.

They aren't the greatest - but they work for me at the moment. rFactor seems to be my most competitive sim right now [probably because all you fast guys are still getting used to it :D].

I can try sending you my G25 settings when I get in from work - let me know if you would like them.

Yes please Mark. :alla:
I need all the help I can get with these cars. :ambulance:
Mine feels very sloppy, almost like there is a big deadzone at the centre of the steering. Maybe it is just something to do with this mod, I wouldn't really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.0%