V8 Supercars

Something I think would make good addition is when pitting having to complete wheel changes before fueling can start. As it is you can have slow wheel change and get away with it.

I should have added the sprint races they don't take fuel.
Just don't understand why they don't do the same all races.
Already in first sprint race 2 of the leading contenders had poor wheel changes and lost heaps.

Where is the F1 thread ?

Anyways good to see the F3 out for practice at Albert Park.
I believe the last time F3 was here was 2006 for the Australian Championship.
Bruno Senna won one of the races.

F2 practice Jack Mick Doohan on top for the moment.

Back to V8 was a great first race, all cars finished in good condition. :x3:

Last edited:
Wish i could watch this round, sadly Superview doesn't stream that round due to the F1 :cry:

Shame Kayo motorsport does not operate outside Australia.
1 screen sub is $25AU ( $23CAD) a month which is peanuts for what you get.
Fox is too dear for me.

Kayo streams:
Extreme E
Formula 1
Moto E
MotoGP
Nascar ( Cup only )
Nitro RX
Superbike
Supercars
Super2 ( Gen2 Supercars)
Super Series (Legends)
Super Sprint ( Night fun sessions track and road cars )

Supercars Race 2 was shortened with surprising winner.

Day 3 Q5, track is damp. 15 minute session so only time for warm-up then decide on slicks, no time to go back to wets. Short break then Q6.
Q5-Q6 decide grid for Race 3 today and Race 4 Sunday.

Top speed 275kph - 170mph.

Looks like it could be a catch tank for excess fuel which vents under the bonnet.
One line of thought is fresh calipers that can let off sparks have ignited fumes.

For the time being all Mustangs have closed the vent off with a pipe which outlets under the car.

Last edited:
Cheers for the info @Durge Driven . I know what you mean about it being a bit of a mixed bag. The AMS2 content is nice and polished but limited. The car has a slightly top heavy feel, but its not a deal breaker for me, I just want to experience the other circuits if possible. I did quickly check out Jeremy's rF2 car mods and they seem pretty good, so I'll spend a bit of time with them over the weekend and also see how tidy the tracks are. I tend to lean more towards immersion, but I try to stay flexible. I'll be happy to have most of the tracks in a state that I can at least hotlap, just so I can get a better understanding of them prior to the live race.
Tracks Australasia Zone look in downloads under tracks. https://www.**************************/forum/index.php?board=67.0

Last edited:
Whilst it's great to be a part of the F1 weekend the short races are a complete joke, I'd rather two longer races squeezed in than 4 little ones but appreciate they play 3rd fiddle to the other series. I'm kind of in the belief that they should bin off the support of F1 altogether, have a different race at a different track before or after the F1 weekend, as even though there's championship points on offer it still feels like a "non-champ" weekend to me.

Shame they can't race at Albert Park separately, it's a track that lends itself to Supercars in the flow of the circuit. But can appreciate the costs of running another separate weekend at a different time of the year could be too much, pity we now have to wait 4 weeks until the next round.

Any more of these planned are they going to be regular, also I'm in aussie what would the ping be like dont want to stuff up other ppl's races.
I really want to run some more. They were a right laugh and absolutely brutal to the unsuspecting late arrivals :). The only thing holding me back from running something regular right now is the overheating of the front tyres after a few laps. I'm trying to dial it out with some setup changes, but not had any success yet. I'll let you know if it works out.

EDIT: forgot to mention that we have a chap race regularly from your neck of the woods and things are usually fine. We have the odd instance of lag, but it's never been a major issue

Last edited:
15 lap races with enforced tyre changes was very disappointing to watch, especially when the majority of drivers did 12 or 13 laps on their prefered set, and then only a couple of laps after that.

F1 not content with ruining its own series, now tries to ruin others' too :(

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea