RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

in the first quarter of the race i was in battle with 4 or 5 guys , simon was there and nigel and paulo , and then someone yelled in my ear blue flag blue flag .... i go huh ??!! i let every body pass .... mmm buggy

I had similar time, every time I pass people, even when they off track, I get Blue Flag. Scariest part was when Gary came up to lap me, I got 1st, 2nd and 3rd Blue Flag warnings immediately after each other, blind panic hit, started to lose car, brake, lift off, look in mirror and Gary had nowhere to go but through me. So sorry about that Gary. Or should I be sorry to everyone else for not taking you out when I had the chance lol.:good:

Thanks Andrew and RD.

And once again a very entertaining Teamspeak.

Qualify: 2nd - Finish: 2nd

Nice start for Gary, who take me the 2nd place. After that a wonderfull battle between Gary, Ben and me. When Gary overtake Ben, I tried to put the pression on Ben, but it was impossible to pass. Turn 21: pitstop for Ben and me, I was just behind him. But after the pit stop, I was just in front of him.:clap:

After that, no more battle, I thought that Gary and I are in the same lap time but in the last 10 laps, I lost my concentration, and the gap between him and me increase more and more. I made a mistake just before the chicane. And I finished 2nd.

Thanks Andrew and RD.
Congratulations to the Black Visor Motorsport team, great drivers !!!

And congratulations to my teamates, Luc Mangas who finished 3rd !!! And also to Rich !

• Matt Crouch

yep definitely a Friday the 13th race for me, don't worry there's another Friday 13th next month. :)

I made a big mess of the whole race basically, and whenever I lost control it seemed to be into someone, so a big sorry to anyone I made a mess on. Was never really feeling comfortable, and this track is very deceptive, seems easy enough but always wants you to push a bit too hard. the rest of this post is going to read like an award acceptance speech gone wrong as I list all my stupid mistakes...

The badness started early when I rolled forward on the grid even though I could've sworn I had the clutch all the way down. Didn't get an S&G but did get a very slow start and lost looads of places

Christian - came faster round a corner than you and gave you two shunts - sorry :(
Laurence - I came off the track leading into the chicane and failed to slow down before the track reappeared and went into the side of you - sorry :(.
Bob - Really I was going to spin all by myself, don't know if you could hear me on TS but you didn't have to wait :)

Rich T - My best few laps were behind you and just as I was starting to despair this made it fun again. I could see you were going slower through that corner and I was backing off to make sure on each lap but that lap I just didn't quite do it enough - sorry :(. And also sorry to Jeff who then swerved off behind and pitted as a result. I waited for you and started to build up speed as you approached so I could rejoin, but stupidly didn't expect you to be heading for the pits, we contacted and amusingly I ended up in the pit lane by accident and just drove straight through

Then on lap 36 (two laps down) I went wide at the gravel and fell victim to the aforementioned bug, so went an extra lap down, although I don't think it actually affected my position. Then on the final lap which did count, I got an S&G for cutting the chicane and finished in the pits - don't think that affected my position either :D. ended in 15th

I think that covers it - If I missed anyone, sorry again.
Thanks for the event although I was a bit of a liability :)

:grouphug:

edit: oh I did miss someone, sorry to Stuart as we didn't get to touch

also I was lost without RTT

Q10, finnish 6th

had a great race tonight , many batlles till final quarter of the race.
Was really close a while , after the pitstop i lost to much time to Neil, Neil had a way better pit crew :D .

This was my last mini race for about two months. gonna pack up my G25 this week for my move to my new home . So i'll say :wave: cya guy's in a week or 7.

Qualified in 13th, finished in 5th :dance2:

nice track choice, one that i have not raced on for a very long time and this was obvious when i kept forgetting how a couple of corners went and even when the race was nearly over i still found myself taking lots of different lines and gears around the same couple of corners each time :messed:

Got my usual poor start as i lost a place or 2, but after that it was just the usual great fun that these mini races can be as a few of us scrapped it out and as the race wore on i ended up being the tail end of a nice little scrap between 5 or 6 cars with David i think leading this little pack followed by Nigel, Simon, Richard, Paulo then myself and when it all cleared up i was behind David with Richard behind me.:rotfl:
David pitted first then on the next lap i requested a pit stop and when i glanced at motecadd i was glad to see that Richard also requested one also. i think i went into the pits with a 2 second lead over Richard but i must of had a quick stop because i exited some 6 seconds in front of him and the gap to David in front had also closed up a bit :dance2: to about 6 seconds also, but that was as close as it got as David pulled away from me and i pulled away from Richard so it finished with me and with David 15 or so seconds up the road and Richard a similar distance behind.

Thanks to everyone for a good race.:good:

Enjoyed this 1, but couldn't get 2 grips with the track.

Q22,:disapointed:got a good start up 2 p16 when some1 got it a bit wrong 1/2 way rnd 1st lap, hit the brakes but just clipped them, this caused Mr Evans 2 hit me & we both ended up in the dust. Soz about that Andrew.

Carried on & had good battle with matt until he had a bit of a moment at the chicane. We had a bit of a touch but no harm done m8.

Last 6 or 7 laps Dan was catchin me hand over fist but was makin the odd mistake & i just about held on 4 10th. That was gr8 fun m8. :highfive:

Thanks to Andrew & RD.

Quali: 9th or 10th, can't remember
Race1: changed my settings cause I wanted to go faster, and ruined my setup. My car was a bit unstable. Had a great fight with Robert, he passed me once or twice, but first I passed him back in pits, second I passed him back at the hairpin. Don't know how I managed 3rd at the end but it was great!:)
Race2: changed back to quali setup, defended well against Willi for the first 3 laps, then he passed me. Started to catch him again as he stuck behind Rhys, but Warren was on my tail, and I did a stupid mistake! When we arrived at the main straight, I forgot to check how close is Warren, and looked after him a bit later in my mirrors --> missed the braking point and ran straight into Willi and Rhys. Sorry for that guys!
After that happen I lost concentration totally, ran into the wall later and destroyed the car:(

See you next time and thanks for the race!

Thanks guys for letting me join the race.

Tight race with these cars, a little bumpy tonight, but that is to be expected with touring cars.

Great fight with you Peter. I thought a few times of pushing the issue from the outside on some turns, but thought the better of it in the end.

Not sure what happened in second race for me. I got hit during the lap (most likely a result of me being slow due to a tap to someone in front, chain reaction from them slowing down). At that point I had to pit first lap. Bummer for me. I thought that changing my tires then and repairing would allow to keep going. I got a DQ at lap 11 for not changing tires. I guess you have to take your pit stop during the allotted laps listed. Lesson learned for next time.

Was alot of fun despite all of that.

• Kieran Mcgeachy

Qualified 11th (ino poor) lol

Race 1
Sorry Rhys first corner i braked way to late sorry mate, didn't get 1 clean lap around the whole race without going on the grass grrr lol and to end it off I ran outta fuel on last lap. That 3 lined paragraph shows my luck lol

2nd race
Finished in 6th position, thouroughly enjoyed the close racing was fun and entertaining.

Thanks to Rd and William for organising the event :)

Another fun Friday night

Qualify p3 behind a very qik David lemon and William

race-1 Very dicey start lost 1 spot. Managed to get back up to 2nd behind William before Pit. Came into pit right behind William but as I left William was Still stopped. That put me in 1st with about 6 second cushion. Held on till end for win.

Race2 Made a good start from 8th to around 5th 1/2 lap in. Then started making mistakes. I would get momentum then not be able to react when I had to adjust my line or overshoot my braking point. I felt fast but the track was very difficult to stay clean. Anyway sorry to all that I touched, I know for sure of Warren and David. I ended up 3rd only after the Lemons came together on the last lap. Had fun but not my cleanest race considering I was given an award for clean driver. Grats to William race-2 winner

NO probelm Peter, you actually just missed me, and Yves it is ok, thanks for the absence report.

Qualy - Lost pole by a tenth + behind David, and Marty was so close behind I was nervous before the race even started.

Race one - I was driving well in second, for a bit was in first, but this track is deadly when one loses concentration and a few mistakes will kill you. Not to mention my silly pit crew was sleeping again as I was still on the jacks when Marty went speeding past me. To top it all off after warning everyone of a missleading fuel gauge I ran out of gas. lol. was fun though - another great night of STCC. :) Grats to Marty on a race one win.
Race 2 - I was not super fast off the line, Peter got past me, Rhys was ahead in second and Laurance was leading. I had some fun driving with Peter and finally kind of barely snuck past him as he swung wide. I had a hell of a time trying to get past Rhys, he was driving really well in the Bimmer - I give you my full respect Rhys - and then Peter made the dreaded turn one braking error while talking on his cell phone :)which took Rhys out from in front of me. Later I found myself in first and my pit crew got it together this time. Fun racing everyone. see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back