Resource icon

Misc V10 powered My Team Car 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 1946917

Any chance we could get a V10 or V8 hybrid mod? I really like the futuristic sounds mixed with the v8/v10 motor

Hey,
Any chance that we could get a few lines of "clear" instructions? Literally two lines explaining: Place this file here and this file there.
I've used the tool and it does nothing, the other 4 mods that I have work through the tool, but this one doesn't. I've tried to copy / paste the json / xml files to multiple folders and still nothing. The read me file doesn't give clear instructions other than use this tool - I mean, it probably took longer to create the txt file with those lines and upload it instead of just stating two lines saying: Place the json / xml files here and the bdl file here (which you did explain the bdl file but not the other two and that was clear).

EDIT: Ok, Finally figured this out and it wasn't easy for someone who has never modded a F1 game before. You should take pride in your work / mod and put a detailed installation guide so that everyone can easily understand how this works. At the very least you should mod each erp file and upload them so that they can just replace the default ones. As I stated you give VERY little detail and no tutorial on how to install your own mod(s). You give extensive youtube videos showing the sounds / engines and explaining the speeds / etc but you give ZERO efforts on helping anyone install this or better yet just applying them yourself to the erp files and uploading them to make this so much easier. I may come back here and explain it in detail to everyone so that perhaps your mod gets more downloads / attention.

Last edited:
This is how the installation READ_ME.txt file should have been:

This won't work online.

YOU HAVE TO INSTALL THE "Ego ERP Archiver" PROGRAM!

Open up "Ego ERP Archiver.exe" and then navigate to the .erp file that you need to edit.
I.E. You have to click "File" and choose "Open" inside the Ego ERP Archiver program.
example: D:\GAMES\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\wep and open up fom_car.erp.
example: D:\GAMES\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_ferrari\wep and open up myteam_ferrari.erp.
(team honda, team mercedes, team renault, etc.)
(These are most likely in a different location on your PC, you must find your installation folder of your F1 2021 game and navigate to the F1_2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\wep folder).

First lets start with the fom_car folder.
Click on the "Ego ERP Archiver.exe" to open up the program tool.
Next You have to click "File" and choose "Open" inside the Ego ERP Archiver program.
Navigate to the "F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\wep folder".
Then choose the "fom_car.erp" file.

Once it's open you'll notice four tabs:
All Resources 2346 (random number), Pkg Files 9 (random number), Textures 414 (random number), XML Files 1 (random number)

Click on the "Pkg Files 9" tab and select (highlight) the "fom_car-carmodel!!!temp000.layer" file and then click on the "Pkg Files" at the top of the menu and choose "Import" then choose "fom_car-carmodel!!!temp000.layer.json" from the "MYTEAM V10" folder that you downloaded in this mod.
It should import the .json file and replace the old one.

NEXT: Click on the "XML Files 1" tab and select (highlight) the "fom_car!!!temp000.vtf" file and then click on the "Xml Files" at the top of the menu and choose "Import" then choose "fom_car!!!temp000.vtf.xml" from the "MYTEAM V10" folder that you downloaded in this mod.
It should import the .xml file and replace the old one.

FINALLY: DO NOT FORGET TO CHOOSE "FILE" THEN "SAVE" OR PRESS "CTRL (CONTROL) + S" ON THE KEYBOARD!!

YOU MUST: Do the exact same thing as the last two options to the team you want to select in your MYTEAM career.

Choose what team(s) you want to modify: (I'll use Ferrari for example)
Click on the "Ego ERP Archiver.exe" to open up the program tool.
Next You have to click "File" and choose "Open" inside the Ego ERP Archiver program.
Navigate to the "F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_ferrari\wep folder".
Then choose the "myteam_ferrari.erp" file.

Once it's open you'll notice four tabs:
All Resources 2345 (random number), Pkg Files 8 (random number), Textures 414 (random number), XML Files 1 (random number)

Click on the "Pkg Files 8" tab and select (highlight) the "myteam_ferrari-carmodel!!!temp000.layer" file and then click on the "Pkg Files" at the top of the menu and choose "Import" then choose "myteam_farrari-carmodel!!!temp000.layer.json" from the "MYTEAM V10" folder that you downloaded in this mod.
It should import the .json file and replace the old one.

NEXT: Click on the "XML Files 1" tab and select (highlight) the "myteam_farrari!!!temp000.vtf" file and then click on the "Xml Files" at the top of the menu and choose "Import" then choose "myteam_ferrari!!!temp000.vtf.xml" from the "MYTEAM V10" folder that you downloaded in this mod.
It should import the .xml file and replace the old one.

FINALLY: DO NOT FORGET TO CHOOSE "FILE" THEN "SAVE" OR PRESS "CTRL (CONTROL) + S" ON THE KEYBOARD!!

DO NOTE FORGET TO PLACE THE "classic_v10.bdl" FILE IN THE "F1 2021\audio\2021\bundles" FOLDER!

You're welcome!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes