F1 2012 Using the database editor, is it possible to make opponents drive slow?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi folks,
New here. Loving the forums already. So much information to go through.

Found out of the database editor. Been back to F1 2012 after about 10 years (was rotting in my steam account :)).

Finding it hard to achieve career race objectives. So was wondering if it's possible to slow down the opponents via the editor? Like make them drive only on 2nd or 3rd gear? I've seen trainers provide this option so kind of wondering if it's doable via the editor too.

Well, I managed to figure it out somehow.

I updated the following values in the tables:

f1teams - engine_power set to 450
ai_engine_power_per_tier - set to 450

Just for reference in the unlikely event that someone else wants to do something similar.

Well I could also advice you to go to a free trial and practice too. You play on easy with all assits. It could be hard to improve but training is everything. If you completely lower the whole grid you could lose the fun in races.

If you completely lower the whole grid you could lose the fun in races.
That's true. The last time I played it years ago, I was confidently winning races. But today it seems something has changed - either my reflexes/judgement have diminished or some update has made the AI more stronger.

That's true. The last time I played it years ago, I was confidently winning races. But today it seems something has changed - either my reflexes/judgement have diminished or some update has made the AI more stronger.
There wasn't any official update, only thing possible is that you either have some mods that changes overall ability or you just forgot how to drive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back