F1 2010 Using "alt" button for gear chage?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,
I've been palying F1 challenge and rFactor for years now, and I always used the right and left alt button for gear up and down. I was very sad, when I experienced, that in F1 2010 you cannot do this for some reason. I would like to ask you, if any of you know a configuration program, where I can set this up?

Hi guys,
I've been palying F1 challenge and rFactor for years now, and I always used the right and left alt button for gear up and down. I was very sad, when I experienced, that in F1 2010 you cannot do this for some reason. I would like to ask you, if any of you know a configuration program, where I can set this up?

It is really hard to control with keyboard all this Acceleration/Break/Gearbox/Menus for changing tires/wings.
Maybe if you are licensed typist you will be ok.Rofl. But i tried this and is almost near to science fiction. My suggestion is buy a wheel and you'll be happy :).GL.

yeah, as I mentioned before, I have a wheel, a quite good wheel (Thrustmaster Ferrari F1), but I don't want to install it (I mean put to my desk, connect pedals, etc.) When I have time for 10 minutes I dont want to do all of this, just play. That's the situation when I use keyboard, and I've already learnt that combination from Gp3-Gp4-rFactor, what I use, but now I cant in F1 2010. Thats why I need a config file hack for using the alt buttons to change gears up and down.

Go into the keyboard.xml file in your Actionmap folder. Find the line for gear up / gear down, and change the key to "win_key_alt"

Not sure exactly, but it could be "win_key_lalt" and "win_key_ralt" or just "win_key_alt" and "win_key_altgr".

You will need to be using the default keyboard in game for this to work.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 6.7%