I agree. Why whould risk this much, points and scandal both wise ?
Not glad to say it loud but I feel Bottas isn't exactly on Lewis level and even if they give them two cloned cars, Lewis would win. I'm sure that at Merc they feel the same, so why risking all the points, wouldn't they prefer if Botttas was able to hold of Vettel for at least 19 races ? :)

Of course Lewis is better than Bottas, Alonso is better than Bottas as is Vettel and actually probably Sainz and even Perez and many drivers on the grid are 'better' than Bottas, Shane Van Gisberg may be better than Bottas, but yet Bottas has won races in a Merc...the car is the star.
But yes i can remember Lewis fans saying Merc borked his car so a German (born in Monaco) could win the WDC....

Oh and to hopefully put this to bed, we are on a driving sim forum, if any of us were playing iRacing or AC etc and someone overtook us out of track limits and got away with it we'd be well pi55ed about it, so how can people possibly defend it when done in the apparent pinnacle of motorsport like F1?
For years people have been wetting the bed about people cutting tracks in gaming, its up there with moaning about leader board cars etc.

In real life drivers can be in the best cars and be called legends...
In real life drivers can extend the track limits and cut corners to gain advantage and be called legends....

In gaming its called 'driving the leader board car is almost cheating'
in gaming its called 'track cutting is cheating' pure and simple.

Go figure..

As long as people can't agree to disagree there probably will be endless discussions about all things in life. You can compare it for example to Trump haters vs Trump lovers, or Brexit vs no Brexit, right wing against left wing etc. etc.

Nowadays it seems a lot of people are convinced of their opinion and viewpoint to be the only and true truth. No matter on which side somebody is. And nobody seems to listen to each others arguments anymore.

While nobody is absolute right, and nobody is absolute wrong. There is a happy medium but in today's polarized world, it seems to get lost.

And in the end, we can debate about this 'till the dawn of times. But FIA couldn't care less, Liberty Media couldn't care less and the rest of the whole F1 circus couldn't care less. They all got influence to a certain degree. And we haven't. We can agree or disagree on decisions, and we can all shout as loud as we try on the internet... But what is the result in the end? Totally nothing... That's why I very soon stopped responding quotes. Because it's pointless. I don't have to convince anybody, and nobody have to convince me. Because everybody is entitled to their own opinion and viewpoint, and it would be great if everyone would respect that.

When I went reading FIA and F1 timelines on twitter, it's just shocking how "both sided" are bashing each other. Number 1 reason for me for not having social media accounts. It's just appalling...

I read all kind of arguments which in my opinion doesn't have anything to do with the whole case. How somebody with "the other" opinion would be a worthy or unworthy member of RD. While totally not knowing each other? The rules here are happily very straight forward and strict. Which is for a reason and a good thing. But imho you can't never ever compare club racing in sim with real life F1 racing. Heck, imho club racing in sim and competition racing in sim are even more difficult to compare with each other, just for the sake of skill levels alone.

But back to my point: just respect each other for each others opinion and view points. The world ain't black and white and is already polarized enough. My guess is we are all members here because we love motorsports in general and sim racing in specific and certainly the premium members with the intent to have good, fair and clean races. Whatever their opinions and viewpoints are outside RaceDepartments events.

Woa, thats already way more words I would liked to have spend on this whole topic... Just my last 2 cents about it ;):thumbsup:

Ah right.

I thought it was something to do with the random screen grab he linked to, that it appears he misinterpreted, which drew him to the conclusion that the posts I'd made were 'dumb'.

I watched lap 49 of the race last night. Sainz never overtook Ocon in that move. He didn't gain a lasting advantage. It was not a precedent, it was not comparable.

Yeah Andy posted something and he made a factual mistake. Happens to all of us. And he said 'yeah I was wrong'. I respect him for that.

@Mike Davies misinterpreted some random screen grab and used it to fling personal insults around when the only person he made look silly was himself.

But if I am missing something here Mike, I'd like to know what it is.
nope not missing anything, i thought for sure Sainz had made the pass on Perez by cutting from the facts that were at my disposal at the time. Clearly I was wrong, sorry. My stance on the inconsistency of the stewards still stands.

:roflmao:...Funny how folks can forever associate topics with acronyms. I saw USGP in the title and immediately thought about Peter Windsor's now defunct team effort.
It's still Max Verstappen...that kid has got brass ba**s.
Some guys have natural talent...Senna, Schumacher, Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Ricciardo...and yes, that baby-faced assassin Verstappen.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.